based off a msrp of $30,770
Sale Price $28,250
Tax $ 2443.46
DMv $ 309.25
Doc $ 80
Total Out the Door $31,082.71

No packages included just a base GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the Bay Area and asked a few dealers for a quote for a 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD with the i-active and tech package

How are you guys getting $29-29.5k? Do I need to look outside of bay area? If you can give me any contacts, I'd appreciate it.

Here are the responses so far.

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
TrueCar Average Paid - $30828
-----

Dublin Mazda - Bruce Bode - $30664

Capitol Mazda - Dustin Roberts - $31324 - says they will match any price on an email

Oaktree Mazda - Alfred - says they will match any price on an email

Putnam Auto - Nelson May claims they don't know what the MSRP or Invoice is. wtf?

Last edited:
I'm in the Bay Area and asked a few dealers for a quote for a 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD with the i-active and tech package

How are you guys getting $29-29.5k? Do I need to look outside of bay area? If you can give me any contacts, I'd appreciate it.

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
-----

Capitol Mazda - Dustin Roberts - $31324

Oaktree Mazda - No response

Putnam Auto - Nelson May claims they don't know what the MSRP or Invoice is??

Your quotes are their sale price? Not including tax and fees?

How are you guys getting $29-29.5k?

You need to remember that some people might be over stating their discounts.

Not an uncommon thing on internet forums. Unless they post the window sticker and bill of sale, it is hard to know if their posts are 100% accurate.

Pretty good rule of thumb on these CUVs is a 10% discount off MSRP is about as good as it gets before any incentives/special financing/fees.

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
-----

Capitol Mazda - Dustin Roberts - $31324 ( says they will match or beat any price on an email )

TrueCar guaranteed pricing can be bloated. I just look at the spectrum of prices and shoot for the lowest one.

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
-----

Capitol Mazda - Dustin Roberts - $31324 ( says they will match or beat any price on an email )

I got mine from Oak Tree. It's a 2016 GT AWD with i-active and tech package. I think mine was $30.5k if i remember right. I'll actually be there tomorrow to fix my recall.

This is what i got for this.
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring All Wheel Drive
based off a msrp of $30,770
Sale Price $28,250
Tax $ 2443.46
DMv $ 309.25
Doc $ 80
Total Out the Door $31,082.71

No packages included just a base GT.

What you guys think? Can I still haggle the sale price i got?

It sounds like pricing is a little more flexible now... back when I bought my CX-5... I can't remember anyone getting more than $2200 off of MSRP. A few hundred below invoice maybe.

Not a bad price at all...what incentives were included in that sale price, if any?

So far what the sales rep that i'm talking to did not mention anything but on the email:
Military & Owner Loyalty are NOT included. Destination charge IS included,
only your tax, DMV and the $80 doc fee remain.

I'll be checking there dealer tomorrow to check and get details of that offer.

I paid for my 2016 CX-5 AWD GT model 26,071$ US taxes included.

At that price it also included 4x 17" winter mags, 4x winter tires, weathertech floor mats and cargo tray, 1x oil change, 1x water repellent treatment and MY START remote car starter.

As an example

There's always more wiggle room to haggle

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
-----

Capitol Mazda - Dustin Roberts - $31324 - says they will match any price on an email

Oaktree Mazda - Alfred - says they will match any price on an email

Putnam Auto - Nelson May claims they don't know what the MSRP or Invoice is. wtf?

You have a PM

tintumz22 said:
Hey. If you want to get a better deal. Check with fremont Mazda and look for Alex Zamir. Mention my name that i referred you to him. Or if you can let me know your name so I can tell him. Hopefully, you can get a better deal with him like I did. Just got mine today, end of month deal.

So can you give me a price? I think that's the problem I'm having.. no dealer is giving me a quote... just giving me a generic "I'll give you the best deal" like hillary clinton.

So can you give me a price? I think that's the problem I'm having.. no dealer is giving me a quote... just giving me a generic "I'll give you the best deal" like hillary clinton.
Mazda of Elk Grove has never had a problem giving me a quote. They have been tough to beat.

Updated for you all - riding off of kenji4861

THIS IS THE LIST FOR 2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD in White WITH i-Active and Tech

MSRP - $32325
Factory Invoice - $31557
-----

Putnam - $29588 (for the white). $29388 if non white.

Oaktree Mazda - Alfred Oshaghi - says they will match any price on an email

Santa Cruz Mazda - William Cellona - Very small inventory, understandably refuses to budge at all

Last edited:

He gave me a 1100 off from an invoice of 29919 for a GT AWD 2016.5. Plus 700 when I went through their financing. Mostly 800-1000 off from msrp.

Back