2015 Mazda CX-5?

I just got the spec sheet for 2015 CX5's which are to be delivered within next few weeks and there is no updates(compared to the 2014.5) besides a price hike, so I'm picking up my 2104.5 CX5 GT with tech tomorrow/.
Should be a great day.

Last edited:
I just got the spec sheet for 2015 CX5's which are to be delivered within next few weeks and there is no updates(compared to the 2014.5) besides a price hike, so I'm picking up my 2104.5 CX5 GT with tech tomorrow/.
Should be a great day.

Literally no changes? That seems hard to believe.

Really? No change at all from 2014.5?? Can anyone else confirm this as well? My wife is in the market for a CX 5 GT - test drove it last weekend and loved it, but figured we should wait for 2015 since that seems to be right around the corner... I was getting a little attached to it as well...

Hmm, there's no reason why the price would go up. Like it or not, the dealers need to start selling the 2015 ones, so if anything the price for the 2014.5 ones will go down.

I think that is what he meant, 2015 will be higher priced (and I don't think the product changes will be big).

So are the 2014.5 models on sale already and if so when did they start selling them?

On this forum you seem to get conflicting opinions..........

Better get a 2014.5 before the price goes up! :)

true...if have money now..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" undefined="http://lovesmileys.com/f2/3/swatch_white.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object> :D

So are the 2014.5 models on sale already and if so when did they start selling them?

Make them an offer. I asked $1700 below MSRP on a Touring /w Bose and got it, but was last day of Jan.

2014.5 have been on sale since October. The reason for the conflicting opinions is due to different regions. While 2014.5 have been on sale since Oct in the US, it seems like they are just now rolling out in the EU.

2014.5 have been on sale since October. The reason for the conflicting opinions is due to different regions. While 2014.5 have been on sale since Oct in the US, it seems like they are just now rolling out in the EU.

Ok thanx. So 2014.5 have been onsale since Oct 13 in the US and now the 2015 model is due there next month too?! Lucky gits!

Well I got myself the 2014.5 version for 1700$ below MRSP and according to the dealer spec sheets there is nothing new to declare...

I was really waiting for memory driver seat as I share this car with my wife who's shorter and would have preferred a different nav/headunit...

The manager said if there was something new with the 2015, it would be listed in the pricing sheets below. apparently the 2015's are supposed to land in Vancouver towards the end of the month or beginning of March. Please note the prices are for Canadian market not US.
2dl7p76.jpg

2ezmgeq.jpg

2mwgkdi.jpg

2agjmmx.jpg

Last edited:
If your color sheet for 2015 is right for US, I am really glad I bought a 2014.5 crystal blue last week. Looks like crystlal blue won't be available in 2015. Only black or white with sand interior. Dropping the red with sand interior is a bad move, one of the prettiest combos.

I would like to see the aluminum silver in person to see if it is a silver or more gray or another name for liquid silver?

Last edited:
The only changes I notice in looking at this excerpt from the 2014 GT which I bought on December 30, 2014, is a change in the blue colour offered from Sky Blue Mica to Blue Reflex Mica and a modest MSRP increase of $50 (from $33,250.00 then to $33,300.00 now).

This does not portend well for those hoping for significant changes/upgrades for the 2015 models; here in Canada, anyways. So much for the rumoured head unit change.

In hindsight, I'm glad that I didn't hold off and wait to order the 2015 as I was considering. I was hoping for a new head unit to correct the known USB music playback and phone contact list and texting issues. I think that I negotiated a great price and even had an Ipad Air thrown in as a part of Mazda's December promotion.

Now, I just have to get the vehicle. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a silly question, but why on earth would a car company release a new model with literally no changes? Why wouldn't they keep the 2014's out (since they are technically 2014.5's anyway) until they are ready to make additional changes?

If I know well, Mazda does this. Mazda5 had a similar situation in 2011, there is no 2011 model. They were selling the 2010 in 2011 as well.

Back