2015 Mazda CX-5?

I don't know what you mean by speculation. Automotive News is the industry "bible". The information is obtained from manufacture representatives.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/mazda6-cx-5-to-get-earlier-updates

Believe it or not; but within the automotive industry it is well known that Mazda plans on using the 3 infotainment/navigation set up in the 2015 6 and CX-5. Cost sharing reduces these costs to manufacturers.

P.S. The "official" announcement will come when Mazda "officially" announces the 2015 models, most likely at next week's NAIAS.

No manufacturer announces specific changes to new models while their dealers have full lots of the existing model.

Automotive News is not the "Bible" per say, in any way shape or form. Their article is pure speculation.

BTW, every manufacturer announces specific changes when they have lots full of existing models. It happens all the time. This is when they also introduce incentives to move the existing models.

In the meantime, I will wait for official info. It's fun to speculate, but the so called experts are usually wrong.

Nothing totally confirmed in writing yet but yes when we ordered it was early in December (10th I think) and he has emailed saying he is sure it will arrive by then. We are still waiting on a chassis and VIN Number but I have no reason to doubt him! He has done amazingly for us so far price and spec wise and when we ordered he didnt even mention the new model coming out . We had no idea one was coming and he knew this also so could have stitched us up. He told us he would be in touch with details within a week or two but I hadnt heard anything.... I emailed him asking if he had sourced us a car yet from UK Stock and said I had heard about the new model and asked which model we were getting and if he could guarantee there would be no mirror and bonnet vibration issues. He simply told me that he assumed we would want the new model and made sure we were getting just that instead of selling me the old model which he could have done and got away with it. He also guaranteed no vibration issues and again said he is fairly sure 1st March is our delivery date but as with all of these things he hasnt literally confirmed it. He has left enough space for him to move the date if needs be but I am more than confident that will not happen.

I can highly recommend Donald's Mazda in Peterborough and specifically Michael Hill as a really decent, genuine and straight down the line sales man.

Bit far for me ...:)
It's strange you're getting yours that much sooner then we (april 20) do, and we ordered before you (30th november)...
Maybe it has something to do with righthand or lefthand drivers ?
E-mailed my dealer yesterday about the MY2015 issue, will keep you posted...

Bit far for me ...:)
It's strange you're getting yours that much sooner then we (april 20) do, and we ordered before you (30th november)...
Maybe it has something to do with righthand or lefthand drivers ?
E-mailed my dealer yesterday about the MY2015 issue, will keep you posted...

Who knows what the reason is. Like I say our salesman has bent over backwards for us. Could be any reason why it arrives before. RHD? Colour? Spec? Model? UK Market getting priority?

Please do keep me posted on any reply you get from your dealer, mine is being very quiet on the new model specs!

Nothing totally confirmed in writing yet but yes when we ordered it was early in December (10th I think) and he has emailed saying he is sure it will arrive by then. We are still waiting on a chassis and VIN Number but I have no reason to doubt him! He has done amazingly for us so far price and spec wise and when we ordered he didnt even mention the new model coming out . We had no idea one was coming and he knew this also so could have stitched us up. He told us he would be in touch with details within a week or two but I hadnt heard anything.... I emailed him asking if he had sourced us a car yet from UK Stock and said I had heard about the new model and asked which model we were getting and if he could guarantee there would be no mirror and bonnet vibration issues. He simply told me that he assumed we would want the new model and made sure we were getting just that instead of selling me the old model which he could have done and got away with it. He also guaranteed no vibration issues and again said he is fairly sure 1st March is our delivery date but as with all of these things he hasnt literally confirmed it. He has left enough space for him to move the date if needs be but I am more than confident that will not happen.

I can highly recommend Donald's Mazda in Peterborough and specifically Michael Hill as a really decent, genuine and straight down the line sales man.

We also ordered the 2014.5 ( or what they call in Belgium ipm2) model on the 10th of december,but our delivery date is 28 april ! Confirmed by the dealer last week.
I hate to wait 2 months longer :( then in the UK,why are they always a step ahead in everything !

Hey,

de onze wordt verwacht 20 april.
Bij welke dealer ga je ?
Heeft jouw dealer gesproken over het modeljaar ?
Zoals hier boven te zien heb ik eens gemaild, maar het blijft stil...
idd crapp dat wij langer mogen wachten dan die gasten hierboven..., om maar te zwijgen van het prijsverschil mee die mannen in de US.

Automotive News is not the "Bible" per say, in any way shape or form. Their article is pure speculation.

BTW, every manufacturer announces specific changes when they have lots full of existing models. It happens all the time. This is when they also introduce incentives to move the existing models.

In the meantime, I will wait for official info. It's fun to speculate, but the so called experts are usually wrong.

That's your opinion. However, in the industry, your opinion is not considered the norm.

The Automotive News article is not "pure speculation". It is reporting from a conversation, or multiple conversations, with one or more Mazda corporate personnel. The Automotive News staff did not make this stuff up out of thin air. Again, it is not speculation. It is simply repeating information from corporate sources.

You may choose to believe the Mazda people or not. Your choice.

Last edited:
The car looks completely unchanged and I also cannot see the new LCD panel so I think it is not 2015. He also said there is not the 2015 model on NAIAS.

You, with March delivery dates, are you sure it is really 2015 not 2014.5 model? I am also waiting to order one 2015 as soon as I can.
Hard to believe you managed to order 2015 in e.g. November, when 2014.5 was just put in production and dealers got fresh order codes for it.

Who knows what the reason is. Like I say our salesman has bent over backwards for us. Could be any reason why it arrives before. RHD? Colour? Spec? Model? UK Market getting priority?

Please do keep me posted on any reply you get from your dealer, mine is being very quiet on the new model specs!

My dealer just called me, he said that he was not aware of the model year change, but he promised me to look into that...

I have a very small dealer and he had a mail of 2 pages with all the changes (seat memory etc)
by the way I'm speaking about version 2014.5
I can't believe that the other dealers didn't get that mail

Last edited:
Seat memory was introduced with 2014.5.

In every thread dedicated to 2015, half of the people are speaking about 2014.5.
It is hard to dig up facts like production and order dates.

I have a very small dealer and he had a mail of 2 pages with all the changes (seat memory etc)

any scans it? can u post??
I liek to see what new goodies are in it

Seat memory was introduced with 2014.5.

In every thread dedicated to 2015, half of the people are speaking about 2014.5.
It is hard to dig up facts like production and order dates.

I thought the only change in the 2014.5 was the shift gate?

2014.5 for Europe should have at least driver's seat memory, straight shift gate, more red stitching (wheel, shift), maybe also electric seat for passenger and some minor changes on the chassis.

While 2015 should get a brand new infotainment system like Mazda 3, fascia update, interior update, higher grade interior plastics and probably more.

Ah ok now this all makes sense! We must have a 2014.5 model coming then! I hadnt realised they did .5 releases.

Shame the infotainment system doesnt seem to have been touched.

Ah ok now this all makes sense! We must have a 2014.5 model coming then! I hadnt realised they did .5 releases.

Shame the infotainment system doesnt seem to have been touched.

Many car manufacturers do .5 releases (unofficially). An example... My cousin and I both had 1995 Jeep Wranglers. His was a 1995 and mine a 1995.5 they each had different dark greens (one moss green the other forest green) and other minor changes (hood latches, etc.).

Do a 250 mile search on Autotrader. I found many with $750 off msrp, two with $1400 off msrp, and one with $1700 off msrp on one car.

Back