Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

Well, it just got that much more difficult to resist the urge to modify the 2. Must. Not. Take. Funds. From. RX-7. Project.

25% stiffer than stock springs -- how would that compare to the H&Rs?

They compare well actually. The rear drop is lower than the H&R which gives it a more even appearance for wheel gap.

-Derrick

These springs and shocks seem like a good cost-effective alternative to coilovers. Really nice price on them. The springs are too much of a drop for me though, so I think I'll pair the CS struts with RB springs (sorry!).

That will come later in the year though. Need wheels first.

Installed the corksport adjustable shocks/struts and their new lowering springs yesterday. The rear is lower than expected. It looks great, but it's a little lower than the front, probably half to full inch lower. Hoping that the fronts settle a bit more.

IhwAiUQ.jpg

Looks nice and level to me, just how it should. I'm jealous now (yes)

I may be overthinking it, and being a bit picking. Body wise, from jacking points to the ground it's perfectly level. Just top of wheel arch to wheel is a lower in the rear. But man does it handle awesome. I have it set at 5f/7r clicks from soft and it rides great, with very little body roll. Very happy so far.

Have an autox event next saturday, and will put them to the test. Unfortunately ill be racing on stock tires.

Looks great, thanks for posting picture.

Good luck this weekend at the autox.

-Derrick

We have posted up the combination discount for our Mazda 2 springs and Mazda 2 shocks. When both parts are added to the cart on our webpage you get a discount of $59.80 off the price.

-Derrick

Last edited:
My shocks have arrived :D delivered yesterday!
had a set back though my alloy has a crack in it :( so going to get that fixed now!

Looking at where the adjuster is on the rears, is it possible to adjust them without jacking the car up?

:D

had a set back though my alloy has a crack in it :( so going to get that fixed now!

Looking at where the adjuster is on the rears, is it possible to adjust them without jacking the car up?

You should be able to. I can reach through the fenders and get to them on the shop car.

-Derrick

I'm surprised to see those springs are only 25% stiffer than stock...I thought you guys were going for a more track oriented setup. H&R seem to be the stiffest available, at only 30% over stock. I was expecting to see something on the order of 75-100% stiffer.

You can definitely adjust the rears. I have the H&R springs, and if I reach from the rear and down low as much as possible I can reach the adjuster on the driver's side with no problem. My arm is barely wedged between the tire and wheel arch. On my passenger side, the adjuster seems to be rotated slightly towards the back of the car and I can barely get my arm in far enough to touch it. It hurts, but I can do it, and I'm seriously skinny. You should be able to adjust them fine, I would just take care to note exactly where the adjuster is facing, and correct it if it needs, before you get the rear wheels back on and put it down on the ground.

I must be doing it wrong or something. (lol2) I have thin arms (6' 1" and 160 lb) and there is no way I could adjust mine by sticking my arm between the top of the tire and the fender with the Eibach springs. I have to lay behind the car and reach between the backside of the wheel and the inner fender.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back