MSP Mileage Check!!

Maybe he bought the last one that Mazda USA owned. They were going to keep it for centimental value and historical value and they were like "Eh, let's just get rid of this piece of sh!t and make way for better cars that don't throw CEL's all the time."

lol

But seriously, what gives?

lol i dunno but obviously it was just sitting in someone's garage for years cause the ground effects were falling off and theres a slight oil leak. i also noticed a whining noise thats doesnt sound good...so its in the shop right now. but still , 9k baby :D

lol i dunno but obviously it was just sitting in someone's garage for years cause the ground effects were falling off and theres a slight oil leak. i also noticed a whining noise thats doesnt sound good...so its in the shop right now. but still , 9k baby :D

Ok so now I am happy because I know that the year I've owned it, I've quite enjoyed it and it has minimal problems. Even a low miles they had issues.(thumb)

i would believe the 9k person... my buddy bought his msp from a car collector guy who thought the msp was gonna be the only mazdaspeed 4door then they came out with the ms3.... but yeah joe just kicked over 15k last i checked bought with 10miles lol... wish mine was that low. im just now turning over 85k on my 03.5

36k, are you going to drive it off the lot anytime soon or are you just gonna let it idle some more?

I'm a member of the 100k Club.

Haha, only reason its that high is because I have had to drive it back and forth between ATL and Tampa a lot. Id say a good 30k of that is highway miles. I got another ATL trip coming up on the 19th, that will put me over 37k probably :(.

Btw, when I bought it in 2005 the first owner had only put about 7400 miles on it so I've put a good amount of miles on it. Only thing I've had to replace so far was a coolant line for the turbo. Other than that just normal stuff, brakes and tires.

I ended up not driving to Flagler so I'm still just barely under 36k :)

To all these people within insanely low mileage... wtf? I mean really... WTF???

lol no offense or anything but... contrary to what you may think, it's not a badge of honor. I know I probably sound like a dick for saying this (and yeah... part of it is due to jealousy as you'll understand in a minute) but let's get real for a second... As much as we all love these cars and think they're just "sooooo special". They're really not. At least, not compared to the types of cars where its justifiable to baby the s*** out of and barely ever drive them. So if you've got 30k miles on your car after 5 years and it's simply due to the fact that you work 2 miles from home and never drive anywhere far... then that's cool. more power to you. but if you're going out of your way NOT to drive your car... a car that, let's be honest.... is 'just' a freakin protege with some bolt-ons... then I say to you... go drive your damn car already! it's still costing you money to keep it in the garage and your lack of mileage isn't really going to have (as much of) an effect on the resale price as you think.

Ok... enough with that BS. My car just turned 100k It's funny cuz I heard on the radio some advertisement for an extended warranty service. I wasn't serious about getting it/one but I called anyway just to see how much it would cost. After I told the girl what year/make/model my car was... she asked the mileage and was literaly like "whooooaaa... you sure do a lot of driving mister!" lol I'm like... listen here b****! I bought this car new 5.5 years ago. That's 66 months ago! (15k/year worth) So... yeah, I sort've ripped her a new one. Then she told me they don't offer extended warrantys to cars with over 100k miles since "that's when they break". lol After I exhaled and thanked her for wasting my time (maybe their stupid commercial should have mentioned that) I handed the phone over to mr dial tone.

On a serious note... any reason to think (if you obviously take good care of the car and do everything you're supposed to) we can't get 200k miles out of it? Now that it's paid off... I'm almost thinking about driving it 'into the ground'. Just curious at what mileage the ground actually lies.

*Slow clap*

Yeah, I hate those warranty commercials. Sons of bitches.

What's even more funny, I thought the same way alot of people thought (about a year ago) that this is a limited production car and it might be worth something someday so I gotta baby it. Then I floored it and lost a Sentra SE-R through some curves and I remembered why I love it, because I actually drive. Here's to another 100K on mine. (cheers)

Back