The hour draws near.

what was your fuel setup previously and what do you plan on using for 30 psi?

I will not be running 30PSI, but if I wanted to, the motor could stand up to it. I will only be running low 20's PSI. I had the stock fuel setup before with the MPI tuner and the J&S. It only went lean when it was below 50 degrees out and only over 13PSI with the Nick turbo.
I could see the AFR go to 13/1 and then the cut would kick in. I could remove the cut with the MPI but I chose to leave it in place. When it was hot out I would never hit the cut.
I have the extra two injectors now that will be welded into the cold pipe so fuel will not be an issue.

Last edited:
I will not be running 30PSI but if I wanted to the motor could stand up to it. I will only be running low 20's PSI. I had the stock fuel setup before with the MPI tuner and the J&S. It only went lean when it was cooler out and only over 13PSI with the Nick turbo.
I could see the AFR go to 13/1 and then cut would kick in. I could remove the cut with the MPI but I left it in place. When it was hot out I would never hit the cut.
I have the extra two injectors now that will be welded into the cold pipe.
So fuel will not be an issue.

k thanks. im trying to figure out how much boost i could run down the road once i get a built block to handle it. (i run the MPI with an extra 750cc on the cold pipe)

VCTS removed.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It looks like there is a small hole in the filler on this shot but for some reason that spot shows up dark on the camera.
Anyway, goodbye restriction! :p
Thanks to Theman for allowing me to be the co-grinder as we finished this up. He is a master of the L33T DREMEL SKILLZ!

Last edited:
just for stupidity what the hell is the VCTS

It is a cold start emissions bulls*** add-on for the States. The MP3 manifolds and the non-US (not sure about Canada) manifolds do not have it.
It is very restrictive and it sucks. I will post some pictures of the fat flat rod that goes through the intake stream along with the flaps that cover the runners.
The reason we ported it out was that there are stops cast into the US manifolds that the flaps bump up against. VCTS adds mucho-sucalocity to your car.

Last edited:
Lookin good. I love your setup. Can't wait to see what damage you do once you get back on the road ...

It is a cold start emissions bulls*** add-on for the States. The MP3 manifolds and the non-US (not sure about Canada) manifolds do not have it.
It is very restrictive and it sucks. I will post some pictures of the fat flat rod that goes through the intake stream along with the flaps that cover the runners.
The reason we ported it out was that there are stops cast into the US manifolds that the flaps bump up against. VCTS adds mucho-sucalocity to your car.
search!
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123686735

Here is the stock one. Notice the ridge inside of the runner, the flat rod and the flaps.
VTCS_pics.JPG

Notice much bigger throat now and no ridges, flaps or rod.

ry%3D400

Last edited:
The third level of HADES!

Well after a shitload of effort we have the motor in.
All that is left to do this weekend is to hook up all the little s*** and fire it up.
We stayed up until 4:38 on Sat building the engine and now at last it is in.
Thanks to The Man, Moeed and MooMoo for the assistance.
Honorable mention for Matt "Fords rawks my bawls!" Jones.
Tight ass oil squirter clearance 1.1mm is normal here.
ry%3D400

JDM cam yo!

ry%3D400

White ceramic piston tops.

ry%3D400

Close up of the now dirty piston top.

ry%3D400

Ceramic coated chamber.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ceramic passages.

ry%3D400