Zaino + NXT = Shiny (Pics Inside)

MX-5

:
04 MazdaSpeed MX - 5
Well after 6 hrs of scrubbin and rubbin I finally finished the beast. You'll notice no more badges in the rear and the car is a lot cleaner now. Washed her, waxed her with Meguire's NXT Tech Wax and then 1 coat of Zaino and she shined up purdy. Here are some pics.

2239130_31_full.jpg

2239130_32_full.jpg

2239130_33_full.jpg

2239130_34_full.jpg

2239130_35_full.jpg

Last edited:
I can't lower it, at least not with out buying a an adjustable coil over kit. Because the 18s, I have no room to lower in the front. If I put my hand on the tire palm side down, with my fingers on the top of the tire, the fender edge is on my hand, I have less than an inch clearance in the front as is. The back has plenty room though.

InFeXIoN said:
well if you can get the adj coil's id do it.

Once I replenish the "mod the miata" fund I plan on it. Right now that fund is empty. (bang)

Looks good, but why the NXT + the Zaino?

Zaino doesn't adhere well to waxed paint, it needs bare paint to work its magic. That is why the directions say to wash the car with Dawn to strip off all the old wax before putting on the Zaino.

Wash with dawn, claybar, wash with regular soap, apply 3 layers of Zaino using the ZFX accelerator and you will be absolutely amazed. Or you can put 1 layer on the first day, 1 the next, and 1 the third, if you don't have the ZFX.

jersey_emt said:
Looks good, but why the NXT + the Zaino?

Zaino doesn't adhere well to waxed paint, it needs bare paint to work its magic. That is why the directions say to wash the car with Dawn to strip off all the old wax before putting on the Zaino.

Wash with dawn, claybar, wash with regular soap, apply 3 layers of Zaino using the ZFX accelerator and you will be absolutely amazed. Or you can put 1 layer on the first day, 1 the next, and 1 the third, if you don't have the ZFX.

Oh i understand the workings of Zaino very well. I used Zaino and only Zaino on my Yellow Stang (traded it in on the miata). The reason for NXT and Zaino, well Zaino is a polish, it doesn't protect from the UV rays nearly as good as the NXT wax.

I wondered before doing it if the zaino would work well on a wax, sure enough it did. I did clay bar the car as well, in parts that really needed it. Then I washed it in dawn and started with the NXT. Then put the zaino on and let it sit for just over an hour in the FL sun while I did other things and it dried nicely and came right off. I am sure the shine could be more with just zaino and using the excelerator to put on three coats. But I am wanting some protection as well, thus my using NXT.

what front bumper is that ?
i think it looks the dogs and you dont need a full side and rear kit to set it off.
the funny thing about paint care is that everyone has there own system they think works better. i know i have my personalised pattented tradmarked system that works well. if only i had the weather to set it off like in FL.

That bumper is the stock front bumper for the Mazdaspeed MX-5's. Not sure if it was standard or an option on any other NB MX-5's.

BTW here's how it looks with a nice-sized intercooler filling up the entire thing ;)

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

MX-5 said:
Oh i understand the workings of Zaino very well. I used Zaino and only Zaino on my Yellow Stang (traded it in on the miata). The reason for NXT and Zaino, well Zaino is a polish, it doesn't protect from the UV rays nearly as good as the NXT wax.

I wondered before doing it if the zaino would work well on a wax, sure enough it did. I did clay bar the car as well, in parts that really needed it. Then I washed it in dawn and started with the NXT. Then put the zaino on and let it sit for just over an hour in the FL sun while I did other things and it dried nicely and came right off. I am sure the shine could be more with just zaino and using the excelerator to put on three coats. But I am wanting some protection as well, thus my using NXT.

Zaino is not a polish!! A polish is abrasive, and actually "grinds" away a tiny bit of the clearcoat to give a fresh, clean surface as well as remove fine scratches.

Zaino is a synthetic polymer which does include very strong UV protection.

dont want to go off topic here but could i get a part no./ref code for that bumper. any idea what the price was in $.
any compounder needs to be treated with respect but it can realy help the original colour to shine through.

jersey_emt said:
Zaino is not a polish!! A polish is abrasive, and actually "grinds" away a tiny bit of the clearcoat to give a fresh, clean surface as well as remove fine scratches.

Zaino is a synthetic polymer which does include very strong UV protection.

Zaino is a polish. Just look at the title of their products. Yes, zaino offers protection, I know that, I said they don't offer as much protection as a wax does. To each their own.

Taken straight from the Zaino website www.zainobros.com

Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Code:Z-2
Price: $14.95
Quantity in Basket: none

Formula Power said:
dont want to go off topic here but could i get a part no./ref code for that bumper. any idea what the price was in $.
any compounder needs to be treated with respect but it can realy help the original colour to shine through.

That is the stock bumper cover that came on my msm. I don't know the part number or the cost. I would just call your local mazda dealership service dept and ask what the cost is for a replacement MSM bumber cover.

jersey_emt said:
That bumper is the stock front bumper for the Mazdaspeed MX-5's. Not sure if it was standard or an option on any other NB MX-5's.

BTW here's how it looks with a nice-sized intercooler filling up the entire thing ;)

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

Love the look of that bigger intercooler. I will have to save up some more mod money to purchase that. How difficult was the install?

sorry dude or dudette, lose the nxt and just use the zaino, putting nxt on it will just ruin what you did with the zaino.

MX-5 said:
Zaino is a polish. Just look at the title of their products. Yes, zaino offers protection, I know that, I said they don't offer as much protection as a wax does. To each their own.

Taken straight from the Zaino website www.zainobros.com

Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Code:Z-2
Price: $14.95
Quantity in Basket: none

But it's not an actual traditional polish, which is abrasive, and offers no paint protection whatsoever. I've had no problems with the UV protection that Zaino has.

Back