Your opinion wanted here, look inside

.paul

_rum & _ass
:
P5
Thanks for looking.

I was just fishing for opinions regarding replacement foglights for my P5. I assed up one of the screws on the back of one of the lights while trying to change the light bulbs. So, I figured I'd just replace the whole shabang for something better anyway.

Here's my question:

Should I stick with something stock looking or go a little different. The lights I'm looking at are the PIAA 520 or PIAA 40 series lights.

For those that don't know...

These are 40 series

These are 520 series

So, lemme hear 'em.

*edit*
Oh yeah, here's the car.
car-pic.jpg

Last edited:
The 40 series looks more factory when installed, so I'd get those...

get the ones that take your roof rack off. But if the rack serves some function in your life then I like the second set. i would have the opposite opinon sans the rack.

Last edited:
The 540's work well, too. the only issue is that they are a lil smaller than the fog-light hole, so you have a gap, but it's not noticable at all.. I have pictures if you want reference.

Leppy said:
The 540's work well, too. the only issue is that they are a lil smaller than the fog-light hole, so you have a gap, but it's not noticable at all.. I have pictures if you want reference.
A reference would be much appreciated.

I was looking at the fog light thread in the P5 section of the forums where someone w/ a yellow P5 posted some pictures. IIRC he said he has PIAA lights and they look way too big - it's almost akward looking.

Last edited:
neoturner said:
get the ones that take your roof rack off. But if the rack serves some function in your life then I like the second set. i would have the opposite opinon sans the rack.
Um? Does not compute.

The grill on the 520 series is removeable. I wouldn't consider them if the grill isn't removeable. I want to remove the roof rack and get the covers, but that'll come soon enough.

Blade4804 said:
go with the 40's but how will you mount them?
I'd just use the stock mounting point/wires/ 'n stuff. Unless there is something I don't know about yet.

.paul said:
I'd just use the stock mounting point/wires/ 'n stuff. Unless there is something I don't know about yet.

in the pics and the diagram the Fog's have a verticle mounting bolt.. not a three point plate in the back... or am i missing something?

Piaa 40
40rnd_la.gif

that one mounting bolt on the bottom hits dead air on your bumper... you may need a custom bracket to make it work.

Last edited:
I think it'll work just fine, the bolt will move 90* backward. It'll go through the stock mounting point...I think. :)

Mvc-535s.jpg

this is what the area looks like without a fog light...

It may work if you turn it upside down and drill a bigger hole... have you taken your stock lights out yet? anyway just trying to help.

pWned...I had not seen that just yet, looks like I have to rethink my strategery. I'll have to get a store that sells these lights and check 'em out. I know there was the factory metal mounting stuff that I should be able to play with, but I need some free time to figure it out. However, flipping the light was never a part of my plan. Anyone know where I can find some parts diagrams?

Thanks for the picture, I appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Back