Your favorite Minnesota driving routes?

fonzinator

:
03 Sunlight Silver P5
Title says it all. When you really want to "drive", where are your favorite MN driving routes and why do you like them?

On ramps are good for a quick thrill, but I'm looking for something more...

fonzinator said:
Title says it all. When you really want to "drive", where are your favorite MN driving routes and why do you like them?

On ramps are good for a quick thrill, but I'm looking for something more...

I like the 494/100/East bush lake rd ramps and highway area. You can take the ramps at good speeds cause they are pretty new and then you have 4 or 3 lanes to shot out at and can get going really fast intime for the exit. No room for cops either, unless they are on the highway!

I used to work in Minnetonka at the intersection of 62 and 494, on my lunch break I would drive insanely around these winding roads out there, my brakes and tires were crying for mercy every afternoon.

One day I was racing around this winding road and there was a stoplight all of the sudden in the middle of nowhere, I had the green...I floored it. When I hit the intersection the road that I crossed was raised! I caught a little air and landed hard, FLOORING IT THE WHOLE TIME. The funny thing was there was one car waiting at the red light, he must have thought he was dreaming (or had warped himself into the middle of a tarmac rally or something), anyway I flew accross the intersection and hit the next bend and was gone probably before he could close his mouth. I don't do crazy stuff like that anymore, more age, more respect for my car. But those roads are good out there, just be more carefull than I used to be...

yahoo maps...ZOOM IN ONCE to see all the winding roads
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=minnetonka&csz=&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

where we went on our first msprotege meet...PUSH SW once to get the idea
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result;_...=Get+Map&csz=LAKEVILLE%2C+MN&country=us&trf=0

don't laugh, we had fun

Last edited:
Highway 15 around Lake Minnetonka, with the Windows Down....Especially at night since their's usually no one on the road either

The 394 east to 494 morth ramp is fun and I rip it everyday on the way home from work. A great stretch is south hiway 101 between Chanhassen and 212. Cool hills and curves.

Simpletons101 said:
Highway 15 around Lake Minnetonka, with the Windows Down....Especially at night since their's usually no one on the road either

But during the day you can't go more than 30. That road ticks me off sometimes. At night it can be fun though especially with the lake right there.

toMMy_O said:
hiway 101 is is fun...from shakapee to chanhassen..the road that has that floral place???

I think so. From Pioneer trail to 212 its a lot of downhill stuff. Going from 212 back up it's fairly uphill.

Nothing compares to the Opus campus in Minnetonka...insane...do it at night though ;) It's a closed one way street that has a few lanes in some spots....you can litteraly whip through there without stopping...weeeeeee!! Enter on Shady Oak Road or Bren road off 169.

Back