You guys are gonna hate me but...

Good pick dude, you will love it! I did the same thing as you last year... had a MP3 and traded it in on a yellow 8 this time last year. So, I've had it for a year now and still no major problems with it besides the few little recalls it had. Other than that it's an awsome car. Congrats, and def. check out the rx8club.com. Lotsa good information!! Oh, and about the suspension... I slapped teins on mine and it was a perfect drop and the handling improved quite a bit. Anyway, good call on the 8!

shaolin said:
Uh ok? I work in Real Estate, and I write contracts and work with financing for a living. I know what I'm doing. Bear in mind that the RX-8 and 3 series Bimmers are basically around the same price, give or take some. Don't forget I put next to nothing down (500 which is actually my first car payment) and I financed it for an APR of 0.002%. Do you understand these numbers? This is my 6th car, so don't tell me "you'll learn." Overall cost of the car was at 26,800 just about 27 by the way. So you tell me smart guy, how is 0.002% with basically nothing down and 430/mo a bad thing? Even if it is for 6 years.

Anyhow, this loan isn't gonna last long anyways. I intend on paying it off in about a year, just gotta close a few more deals.
Yup Las Vegas is a good place to be in real estate right now

CasopoliS said:
I paid $16,500 for my MSP with almost all the mods already done to it (see list below). I have only added a few of those mods myself. It only had 6500 miles when I bought it....it has 8500 now. (it was IMMACULATE) I wish I could have done all the mods myself, but I could not find another MSP for sale. There is much more that can be done to it anyway....I have already started. 280/mo (I put down a lot) leaves me with $ to mod. I love the car, and the stares I get while driving it. Don't think I would have enough $ for an RX-8 AND mods. It would take a while before my car started to stand out and get the stares of many.

Good luck with your new ride man, lower it and put some nice rims on it. My Rays gunmetals look great with the Titanium (omg)
Man, from your avatar it looks like you've got a painted EVO style hood. That's what I wanted for my MSP. I will admit that the RX-8 will be more pricey to mod, but hey, I fell in love with the car. As soon as I get my digi cam back that I lent out, I'll get some pics up.

I did find a way to turn off the "dynamic traction control system." Small hidden switch by the way. The package I have is the sport package, which comes with a sport tuned suspension, but it still looks a little high from the side.

I've since taken it on a few of my favorite back roads (Johnny I took it to the loop) to really feel the handling and it's a different kind of feel than the MSP. The MSP was very easy to drive and always felt like it wanted more speed through the turns. The combination of the RX-8's more power, RWD, and dynamics make it just as composed if not more through the curves, yet I feel more apprehensive. It could be my inexperience with the car, or my fear of throwing my new car off the road, but the car definitely holds its own. The seat bolsters are alot more supportive than my MSP's were, and the engine sings at high RPM. The powerband is a little different in that more of the power is up top, as compared the MSP's relatively low RPM power response.

Overall, I couldn't be happier. Navi woulda been nice, but eh I don't get lost anyways.

Jon Jon... hey may, that's cool to hear about the handling.. my buddy just traded in his SRT-4 (neon) for a 350z.... he tells me that his disappointed with the power, much slower then his 13.4 second neon, but overall a much better decision then his neon. The LOOP huh, be careful out there, people drive off the road for those who don't know the vegas loop. Anyway, I'll give you a call this week so you can take me for a ride in that thing. talk to you later.

You will soon get used to the handling. I don't have time right now to go crusin, but so far the handling on the MSP has been sufficient. With the Tein drop, my center of gravity is lower. There is a turn near my parents house in Akron called dead mans turn. Its two lanes on the highway and trucks tip all the time! Everyone goes slow in the outside, and I took it this past weekend at around 60-70mph. My tires were chirping just a little bit, but I never got close to losing it. I loved it. I DO think an 8 would take that turn better.....it hugs the road. I have never gotten a chance to drive one....would like to. Post some pics....I would like to see.

www.03msp.com said:
awesome - wish I could get a deal like that! wait. maybe I should try.
You took your tape off around the windows, that's considered modding to Mazda, your warranty is done.

You did what? You went and put tint on your car.... oh no... that's it, it's over with, no more warranty for you... (hand)

orangezoom said:
You took your tape off around the windows, that's considered modding to Mazda, your warranty is done.

Great deal which dealer was this maybe I should trade in my limited edition car! The RX-8 is hot except its not turboed...oh well. I would have done the same

Hey Johnny were you parked at UNLV today outside of the parking lot near the apartments, on the Flamingo side of the school? I saw a nicely done MSP parked out there, but what's those wheels if that's yours??

Yeah, that was me..... I sold my RH's and got 18" RH then traded those to timba24, and now I have some stock 16" mazda6 wheels for now off my fiances 6 which now has polished factory 17's. Hey you've got to try and make it out this weekend to our BBQ. Saturday, I'll call you with the info tomorrow.

Did you see the new cross drilled/slotted rotors????

Yeah, I spotted that as I drove by...your car is def sexy...the tails set it apart. Just replace those rims, I don't like those 6 wheels and hey WASH YOUR CAR!!! Hahaha, just messin with you man..

jon jon.. thanks man. hehe the 6 wheels is a long story, but some lightweight 16's are in the future. Car is getting washed on friday...... oh yeah...... I love the taillights with the LED's.....

Pics

Sorry it took so long guys, I had to buy a new camera.

frontsidesmall.jpg

frontside2small.jpg

sidesmall.jpg

backsidesmall.jpg

backsmall.jpg

Does the new camera suck or do you just have issue holding it still :). I'll assume the car looks sweet, good job.

The new camera is good, I just have an issue figuring out how to take night shots...plus the damn thing is no bigger than a credit card....it better not suck for 450 bucks...

A friend of mine told me it's just a matter of getting the right settings...I'll try to get some better ones later...I took those the night I got the camera so we'll see in the future...

Back