Yet another headlight problem

bndeac

:
Protege5
I did the fog light mod yesterday (cut red, splice into black/green wire), and it works beautifully with one exception. Everything lights up like it's supposed to except the driver's low beam. Bulb was replaced two weeks ago, and I just pulled it out to make sure the filament was still intact. Any ideas what might have gone wrong? (scratch)

I'm gonna go swap it with the passenger's side real quick just to make sure it isn't the bulb.

Edit: and yes, fuses are all good.

Last edited:
Nope, replaced both at the same time. And the bulb doesn't seem to be burned out, it's just not getting juice apparently. I plan on upgrading to HID's next time I have a bulb actually burn out, but until then any ideas?

It seems the bulbs were good and the wiring was fine. I noticed putting the bulb back in after switching them that it wasn't sitting tight in the black adapter piece. So I adjusted it a bit to get it in there nice and snug and cleaned the contacts where the white piece plugs in. All lights are lighting up now.

But I saved that link for the HIDs, they are definitely going on my Christmas list this year.

Back