Yes, another "what shocks should I get?" thread...

kvndoom

:
H O N D A
I'm honestly looking for increased drive comfort and reduced noise above all else. Some of the rattles are caused from road feedback, so I think I can kill multiple birds with one stone, to an extent anyway.

Not going to lower or change wheels, just getting tired of feeling beat up when I drive on anything less smooth than the interstate.

I've read that Koni FSD's are great, but then I had a mechanic tell me that they are for the track and will just stiffen the ride worse (I tried to explain that they make a "Sport" model for that, but it was wasted breath).

So... suggestions for softening up the ride a bit?

Last edited:
Shocks

I've had the Koni 4040s on my car for about nine months now. I could'nt wait for the 4045s on back order. They ride so much smoother than the OEMs, (two blew out at 25K). This is the way the car should have come from the dealer.
Please note the following information: if you have stock springs, go with the FSDs, if you have lowering springs go with the Yellows/Sports.
Hands down the FSDs were one of the best improvements I've made to my MS3.
Please note that if you don't alter the front struts they will raise your car about 1/4 inch in the front after settling.

I still enjoy my set up, looks, handles and rides great....very comfortable as long as you set them at the softest setting.

I'm gonna have to do something... my shocks are toast. Even on the damn interstate yesterday it was beating my ass. Car feels like it has no suspension at all, ******* Fred Flintstone had a better ride than this s***. I know people who have over 100,000 miles on their original suspension and rides better than this crap.

So... another 1000 bucks towards my car's stock deficiencies. Where does this s*** end?

If anybody ever, EVER asks me if the price difference for a different car is worth it, I'm just going to tell them to spend the extra money up front cause if they buy a Mazda they will spend it later anyway. I'm done with cheap ass cars. Ugh.

Eibach & FSDs

IIRC, Koni have approved the FSD for use with Eibach lowering springs.

This is good news! Now I'll be shopping for Eibach springs. I wonder if its because Eibach typically has a mild, (usually @ an inch), conservative drop than most companies?

I'm gonna have to do something... my shocks are toast. Even on the damn interstate yesterday it was beating my ass. Car feels like it has no suspension at all, ******* Fred Flintstone had a better ride than this s***. I know people who have over 100,000 miles on their original suspension and rides better than this crap.

So... another 1000 bucks towards my car's stock deficiencies. Where does this s*** end?

If anybody ever, EVER asks me if the price difference for a different car is worth it, I'm just going to tell them to spend the extra money up front cause if they buy a Mazda they will spend it later anyway. I'm done with cheap ass cars. Ugh.
I know you stated it was a no go, but truly, for the ride troubles that you describe, I would go with 17 inch wheels and get the tallest sidewall that will fit 55, mebbe even 60 after that..... stock springs, and any one of several struts: the FSD's, kyb, monroes even

I've ordered the FSD's from Import Replacement Parts, they had them for $555 and free shipping, but since the Speed3 FSD's are totally sold out (hmmm, I can't IMAGINE why they're so popular and don't stay in stock...(eekfu)), I will have to wait 3+ weeks to get them in.

I've ordered the FSD's from Import Replacement Parts, they had them for $555 and free shipping, but since the Speed3 FSD's are totally sold out (hmmm, I can't IMAGINE why they're so popular and don't stay in stock...(eekfu)), I will have to wait 3+ weeks to get them in.
There always seems to be a backorder on Koni's. When I ordered mine from IRP, I had to wait for them to be shipped from Holland.

Last edited:
Back