Yellow Kevlar Carbon Fiber Hybred Headliner and Pillar Wrap

MSP SuperStreet

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
Just finished my custom Headliner and Pillar Wrap.

The headliner and pillars were originally gray. I painted and clear coated the grap handles, cabin overhead light bracket and seat belt covers black to match the rest of the interior.

My Ride is a Blazing Yellow Mica MSP, so I used a Yellow Kevlar Carbon Fiber Hybred Material. Here are the spec on the material:

The fabric is 3k with a 2x2 twill weave which is the common weave style used for the industry. The fabric is a 5.7oz weight which is quite easy to drape over complex curves. (heavier weight fabrics available in our store). This fabric is not a vinyl or immitation. The fabric was woven by BGF and their long lasting presence in the composite industry will ensure you receive a quality material. Most bizarre colors available that are specially made for use which include Pink, Silver, Bronze, Bright Yellow, White, Lime Green, Purple and many others.

Here are the pics

General Passenger Side Headliner , Pillars and even Visors Wrapped
MSPJanuary2010016.jpg

Side Pillar
MSPJanuary2010009.jpg

Rear Pillar
MSPJanuary2010010.jpg

Back to Front Headliner
MSPJanuary2010015.jpg

Although in some pics it looks shinny it really isn't. But it sure does reflect the light from the flash.

Feedback??

And Yes, I do Show My Ride Alot. Its not a true Daily Driver but it does have close to 60K miles. Parked safely in the Garage during the Colorado Winters.

Not a fan myself, but it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this, so props for you!

Did you just cover with the fabric, or did you cover and then go over it with resin?

Looks great!!! Please PM me with more info on that gauge mount over the Bezel please

Did you just cover with the fabric, or did you cover and then go over it with resin?

Just covered with fabric. Three reasons:
1) Though covering it in resin would make it too bright and reflect light more. Its already a bright contrast over the stock gray.
2) Not too worried about it getting dirty. Covering in resin would make it earier to clean tho.
3) Right now just experimenting in steps. Can always decide if I want to go over with resin later.

I agree with some people above, I like it all besides the visors, just doesnt look right on them.

But you should come do mine in carbon fiber (the reg color) :)

Back