yellow fogs - too hot?

I'm looking to get nokya h11 fog light bulbs in hyper yellow - i heard that they run too hot and may cause some burnage - anyone know for sure?

Just check what wattage is printed on the bulbs themselves and make sure it matches the factory rating.

I had some old Nokya bulbs on my Protege5 that were advertised as 55w on the box. After my wiring harness had started to melt I thought to check the bulb itself, and lo and behold it was 75w.

Or you could just do what I did with my fogs... yellow lens vinyl here

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 421
It should be absolutely fine. As long as the wattage is stock, it'll be A-OK. I have 55w Luminics 2500k yellow bulbs and they are great. No problems whatsoever and a pretty smooth install:

fogs.jpg

It should be absolutely fine. As long as the wattage is stock, it'll be A-OK. I have 55w Luminics 2500k yellow bulbs and they are great. No problems whatsoever and a pretty smooth install:

fogs.jpg

are you sure they're 55W?

Anyways I installed the 80W nokyas and they've been good. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

are you sure they're 55W?

Anyways I installed the 80W nokyas and they've been good. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

80w? What were the stock ones. If they're 55, you better keep an eye on them.

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary either. Until my driver's side headlamp started flickering. And by then it was almost too late.

what about swaping the stock halogen bulb for some 3000k HIDs? i have a spare set of HID balasts sitting around, is there any problems with putting HIDs on the fogs?

using 80W in 55W sockets is DEFINITELY GONNA MELT THE WIRING OR HARNESS. Make sure its not drawing 80 watts. SOmetimes they mean it puts out the brightness of 80 watts but only draws 55. If it draws 80, upgrade the harnesses or get the bulbs out to save yourself problems and money down the road. Trust me.

Back