Yeah for brake wear!

Well, after some 50,000 miles I'm getting my pads replaced tomorrow morning.

I went in today and they didn't have the pads is stock (WTF?!)...I was kind of angry with that as the service advisor said they would have it done today when i called to set the appointment up on Monday.

Well, they meant today as in tomorrow after lunch. So now I ask, how do you kill four hours at a Mazda dealership with three Mazdaspeed MX-5s out front?

Thats right, I talked a sales guy into letting me drive one tomorrow. He wanted me to do it today, but I managed to keep away. They have some nice Mazda6's there as well...

Hell, why not drive everything on the lot, I have four freakin' hours!

In four hours you could have lots of fun...

Mazda3 4 door
Mazda3 5 door
Mazda6
Mazda6s
MPV... ;) j/p still be nice to see how it handles
Miata
MS Miata
RX8....

I got stockers...I had to get it done no time to wait.

And I drove the Mazdaspeed MX-5. Not as impressive as I thought it would be, but still a cool car.

crazy...I just got my pads replaced for the first time @ 49k miles, and test drove a MS MX-5 while I waited and wasn't all impressed either...hhmmmmmm

scott42 said:
crazy...I just got my pads replaced for the first time @ 49k miles, and test drove a MS MX-5 while I waited and wasn't all impressed either...hhmmmmmm
Its a conspiracy!

Its a cool car, just not as good as it should have been.

SilentSno said:
In four hours you could have lots of fun...

Mazda3 4 door
Mazda3 5 door
Mazda6
Mazda6s
MPV... ;) j/p still be nice to see how it handles
Miata
MS Miata
RX8....
RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....
RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....
RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....RX8....(cool)

The Mazdaspeed miata is still a cool car.
What we were expecting was a bigger punch from the motor.
However, with that tiny Turbo, our expectations weren't even in sight with what we saw in the performace in the car.
Now, will it still move and wiggle like a snake in Autox. Definitly.
However, there are much better turbo setups(aftermarket) out there for the miata, i can't remember the name of the company, but it was very good and the intercooler size was at least x2 the size of the mazdaspeed miata.

In conclusion, not what we expected from the turbo.

i still love those rims. I want them sooooo bad.

My parents and one of my brothers have the MPV - it actually handles quite well considering what it is.

mx6929 said:
anyone wanna mention about the cost for genuine pads and total?
Don't get me started on that one...

The MS MX-5 was nice, just not as powerful as I expected. I've ridden in better after-market turbo Miatas too.

ok, so not only do we have the clunk but the breaks suck too?? I'm at around 31k and find that i'm needing breaks as well...

30k miles for brakes isn't that bad...
we were noting that we got 50k miles out of the first set and were amazed. (shrug)
I've heard of people having to get new ones every 15-20k miles...its all how you drive it. I probably could have made it another 10k the guys figured since it took so long to get through 50k worth. My back brakes are still the originals; they'll probably go another 20k miles. (I drive like a b**** if you can't tell from my posts :))

Back