yay.. put a deposit down on a Jazz Blue 20th AE GTI

sleeper_

as the topic says.. i actually saved some on the car.. splitting hairs one would say, but hey, it makes a dif :D (showing canadian prices), oh and only 185 of these cars will make it to canada. heh

$34,150 (MSRP, non negotiatiable)
$430 (ESP option, non neg)
$100 (air tax, non neg)
$20 (tire tax, non neg)
$555 (destination, non neg)

$95 (doc fee, negotiated)
$790 (pdi & block heater, negotiated)

-free 3 window tint
-free rockguard on hood
-cost + 10% for winter tires/steels/covers
-permanent 10% discount

some things are obviously standard depending on the dealership.. so overall, i would say i saved about $500 on it.

the car is in transit.. so i have some waiting to do.. circa a month

some info and pics on the car:
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/02_03/02_12/index.shtml
blue pics (the one i ordered):
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=811528
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=825185
black pics:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=805792

i'll be honost i was looking at a 03 vw gti vr6 / 1.8t or the msp. I went msp just dont like the box car style ;) and that bodystyle hasn't changed in years, it went form a box, to a round box LOL.

dominoy2k1:
lol.. hehe thanks :) (gotta work my ass off this summer and pay as much of the car i can while i can hehehe)

ryan:
hahaha. yeah, i agree with the styling..
BUT i like it.. it's quite subdued in terms of its appearance.. i mean really, it doesn't look fast.. but spankage, here we come.. hehe
man. have you read anything on the revo software? it's simply software that you can change with a module with which you dial in a program and flash your eprom on the ecu to enable the corresponding program.. and voila.. and there's absolutely nothing you change on the car (no chip replacement, soldering, etc) around 215 hp and 230+? lb ft of torque with it.. =)

the 6speed felt great i dunno. after drooling over the msp for so long.. i got numb with the waiting. LOL and after test driving the gti.. then the 337.. i was like dang. i want this car.. hahahah..

yeah i wanted the gti for well over a year b4 i knew about the msp. but lack of performance parts is kinda sad, not with the 1.8t but the vr6 and 337 from wut i understand how you get it is how it stays.

Yeah, the VR6 really doesn't have the aftermarket support like the 1.8t's do.

337 stays how you get it? and yet the 1.8t has aftermarket support... aren't those contradictory? lol
lots have peeps have modded their 337's.. and even more will be for the 20thae..

we said lack of support didn't say it couldn't be done, you can do anything to any car if you have the knowhow but for those that just buy the parts so they can drive its not as simple as that.

I test drove the Rabbit .... I mean Golf or GTI VR6 a couple years ago before buying an AWD Talon. I must say for a 172hp or what ever it was then was very impressive. Alot of torque streer and a heafty price tag were the only two things I didn't like. That car handled like a champ and scooted along quite nicely. Nice choice IMO.

I wanted a GTI 337 edition soo bad before i knew about the MAZDASPEED. I could have sworen i went nuts looking for a 337 when most were already sold out in my area. The first VW i went to, they had to break it to me that it was sold out...
I went to another and they told me the same, but iif i were seriously interested they told me they could order one specialy for me.
a Month down the road, it turns out there was a batch coming to a nearby Dealership and to think back the 2nd VW dealership was BSing me because she wanted me to pay full price on them.

Anyway, 20th edition and 337 are very sweet cars nonetheless. Although i needed the 2 extra doors and space, that's whehn i heard about the MS.

lol.. that's the funny thing. for some reason, i didn't really consider the gti initially b/c of the price...

but then b/c of the availability of the msp. i raised my upper limit.. to consider the type-s... then i test drove a gti for the heck of it and was like wow? this just needs a better suspension.. and i'd want a 6 speed in it... but didn't want the vr6.. and lo and behold, there was a 337 STILL on the dealer's showroom floor.. and i'm like dang,, i can afford this too.... but then b/c of the low residual, it being a 2002 and all which would result in a higher monthly, i decided i'd bite the bullet and get the 20th ae b/c it'd be the same or lesser monthly b/c of the higher residual.. heh..
there's still a 337 available at this dealership in canada.. only one left in canada..

waiting for a call from the dealer to see if he was able to snag a blue one for me today.

Last edited:
nono, it was the southgate dealer that had TWO 337's actually

i believe one of them has a deposit on it already, phone and ask about it. =)

actually, i haven't bothereed inquiring.. b/c the release date on the 2003.5 is not reliable whatsoever.
so i jumped ship on it and looked at other vehicles and now waiting for the 20thae.. my dealer is locating one for me atm and is gonna get back to me any time now.
yes, it's considerably more.. but i felt so good in the 337 :). go see the 337 in the showroom at southgate
btw, i noticed we're the same age.. hehe

edit:
i imagine it's easily available considering i know a person who got her 2003 msp like a week ago from weber motors b/c someone's financing didn't go through.. just call and ask. BUT be wary of the expected date. hahaha

oh.. andi didn't know norden had a 337.... when i had phoned and asked, they didn't have one any longer (about a week ago)

I heard about that girl who got the MSP from Webers. That's a pretty sweet deal!

As for the 337, this was back in september. It came in from another dealership in Canada and I pretty well went in there that day and put a deposit on it. I drove it and all. That car rocket but the price was $34,400 out the door which was out of my range at the time.

Back