Yakima roof rack for Mazda5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2008 Mazda3 stick
For sale: Yakima roof rack system with Q Towers, the appropriate fit kit, a fairing and either a set of 60" load bars with a bit of age on them or a set of 48" load bars that are in nearly-new condition. I'm asking $200 plus actual shipping, whatever that comes out to. I'll also throw in a pair of Yakima GT bike trays (not pictured - can add a pic if anyone is interested). You can reach me at somalley dot home at gmail dot com.

The 48" bars will give you the same width, I'm pretty sure, as an OEM rack - room for a luggage box or probably up to 3 bike trays. The 60" bars will accommodate 4 bikes, possibly 5, or two whitewater canoes plus a mountain bike - can you tell I have experience with this? :D

I have a sunroof on my 2007, and with the towers at Yakima-recommended spacing, the fairing feet just barely clear the sunroof opening. I could have slid them forward an inch or so, but I never saw reason to do so, since everything operates just fine as is:

IMGP2189.jpg

Closeup of a front tower:

IMGP2190.jpg

Closeup of a rear tower. You can see some rust through the end cap:

IMGP2191.jpg

Closeup to show some of the age/rust on one of the 60" bars:

IMGP2192.jpg

Below are the 48" bars. They have almost no wear on them at all - the plastic sheath has marks from where the towers were clamped originally, and that's about it. I took a closeup of the ends so you could see that the galvanizing is pretty much like new inside - no rust, unlike the 60" bars I currently have mounted.

IMGP2195.jpg

IMGP2196.jpg

IMGP2197.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: PM received; pic added & thread unlocked. Thanks!

Last edited:
you still have this? was looking for an OE or Thule...but may consider the Yak version if I can't find one of the others soon.

hit me in the privates if it's still available.

60" bars gone

PM sent.

Anyone who is interested, the 60" bars are gone - I only have the 48" bars now. Those bars are nearly new condition - no rust, hardly any marks on the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back