XXR wheels fitment

CircuitRacer

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
OK I have a 03 PR5 with Yellowspeed coilovers and looking into getting the XXR 522's. My debate is whether to purchase them in +48 or +35 offset. Looking at the fitment recipe on a 7.5" rim the +48 will fit but these are 8" wide rims. I'm mainly using these for the streets but I also do autocross. I want a functional semi-flush setup so I'm not looking to go crazy camber with my alignment setup. So would the +35 offset rims allow me to compromise between both or should I stick with the +48's?

Having 8 wide will fit with +48 i would say anything lower then +40 offeset you will have to make some mad adjustments to make clearance...

How are those yellowspeeds work for u?

I just purchased some xxr 522 too for my mazda 6 but i got them 17x9 with the offset 25. Im trying to go flush so he said that was the best bet with a little bit of camber on it. I could have gone with the 42 offset for my size rims but he told me to stick with the 25 better. If i were you id go 35 offset because the backspacing compromises a little bit more and ive seen it on a civic which is really darn close to mazdas just a little difference and they dont seem to have a problem and neither do the srt4's and they have almost the same offset specifications az the mazda so id go with the 35 offset.

im running 17x8 + 48, and its not too flush. i've rolled the fenders flat now, but i need spacers to be actually flush. Circuit runs 17x8 +35, hes only at like 2.75 degrees in the rear, which is still funtional-ish. (I think thats around the limit of functional)
In the end its up to you, can't go wrong with either setup. I personally should have got +35 because then I wouldn't have so much spacing out to do.
Are you lowered? be prepared to roll, or rub with an 8" wheel (or lotso camber)

I'm running the same wheels 17x9 +42 offset with ksport coilovers and its pretty darn flush lol.

Back