XTD clutch

Ebay: "Exedy organic Mazda Protege"

Here ya go, I did it for you. :)
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Exedy is what the MSP came from the factory with. I wouldn't trust anything less, especially when the real cost of a clutch job is the labor. Do it once and do it right.

See how they're trying to fool someone by naming their clutch something that rhymes with Exedy? shaaaady

Last edited:
As long as it is actually for the Speed, the regular protege clutch will fit but won't last long. Verify the part number before you purchase.

i think about exedy, but we lithuanians are poor people, i don't have money for exedy, because it cost 300 euro, and shipping to lithuania 100 euro, at all 400 euros, and i work not full time, because i'm student, so, please tell me are XTD good for daily ride, is it long life? in my future plans are clutch witch double discs, like double unicorn of MCM

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone makes a dual disc clutch for a protege. And i'm sorry man I can't tell you if they are any good or not, I don't buy anything that doesn't have a reputation behind it, you will end up spending more in the long run when you have to replace the clutch again.

XTD should be okay as long as it's stage 2 or higher. I have noticed that the stage 1 kits of these "ebay special" packages usually have pressure plates that are weaker or similar to the oem ones.

I ran an XTD in my Rx-8.. For about 2,000 miles... It was ******* awful... It will allow you to drive the car, but engagement, at least in the 8, was very harsh with a "stage 2". I went back with an OEM Exedy in the 8 after that. I rock an ACT Xtreme in the MSP. And the P5 is about to get an Exedy MSP installed.

Latest posts

Back