Xbox

Any suggestions for a setup that would allow me to use and xbox? Should i use a headunit with a flip out screen or just get a new head unit and install a monitor somewhere in the car?

i guess it would depend on where you wanna be when you play.

i think an in-dash would be cool, but you gotta think how many people would you want playing. if it's more than just you, i'd think somewhere up front (whether it be a flipdown deck or just an added monitor) with some headrest monitors for your friends in the back would be the ultimate.

budget is a factor that must be considered, also. i hate that factor ...

I am against front seat entertainment. It's a distraction for the driver if the passenger is playing, and it's illegal while moving. Rear seat headrests are the best but can be costly. I had a 7" screen mounted from the headliner between the two front seats on my old car. If i was ever bored I would go chill back there and play gamecube! The only real problem was that it blocked the entire rear view mirror when driving.

Problem solved ^

Remove the rearview mirror. Replace it with a 7" screen, leave your stock deck alone. Drill through the lock in the trunk and insert a camera in the whole, wire it to the screen, and viola, you have a rear-view camera in place of the mirror. Next, you can use either a lap top or an xbox and hook it into the screen.

My friend did this exact project on his 1993 Rx-7 TT. It's awesome. I dont know what problems you'll run into concerning the alarm and the trunk lock, but thats for you to find out. He has his lap top hooked up the screen, and we cruise around neighborhoods looking for wireless connections, when you find one you can browse the internet....99% percent of people dont protect their wireless connections!

i like the moniters in the visors, i have them in my sunfire, its not a distraction for me driving the wife will sit there and watch a movie and my screen will be flipped up. its really all in what you want to do, the visor screens are nice because they can be flipped down right infront of yoru face, so its centered and easy to see, where as a flip up headunit, u have to look down and towards teh center of the car to watch. not to mention they are allot more expensive.

Back