WTB Protege5 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

J3alz

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Just got into modding my P5, I'm looking to purchase a Protege5 Intake! (Preferably used) PM me if you have something available.

Thanks, Dave

Just recently purchased a MP3 ECU, and OBX Header off the site :) Looking to buy soon (burnout)

Last edited:
Where is Dekalb? Could you clarify in your profile?

You can get an SRI for less then or around $50 on eBay. It does the job well.

Last edited:
I have heard mixed reviews on these intakes. Do they perform as well as a more expensive intake(Injen)? Also do they fit well?
Dave
You can get an SRI for less then or around $50 on eBay. It does the job well.

From what I've read they perform just as well and fitment is good. Most that run them will tell you to spend a little extra cash and get a quality filter.

i have the one with the k&n filter. was around $72 shipped from ebay. it was pretty good. didnt notice any "performance" or increased mpg (which i was hoping for). i took it off the other day and might put it on again, or i may just get a k&n drop in for the stock air box

I have heard mixed reviews on these intakes. Do they perform as well as a more expensive intake(Injen)? Also do they fit well?
Dave

It's metal tubing with a cone filter on the end. It's all the same crap. If you don't want to pay premium for a brand name, then I say get the eBay intake. Just get a good filter for it and call it done. :)

The only problem with some of the Ebay kits the pipe rubs on the brake cylinder eventually forming a hole.

Thank you all for the great information. I did a bit more reasearch, and decided to buy a ebay intake. It cost around $73, and it may take a bit of modification to make it fit, but overall nothing a hacksaw can't handle.

sweet. welcome to the board. oh and im in rockford...like 45mins north of dekalb. you should come kick it with the rockford mazda guys sometime.

Thank you all for the great information. I did a bit more reasearch, and decided to buy a ebay intake. It cost around $73, and it may take a bit of modification to make it fit, but overall nothing a hacksaw can't handle.
in that case - ok to close and file thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back