WTB: MS3 Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBoost

:
mazdaspeed3
Just like the title says, i'm looking for new/used MS3 seats for my 08 Speed3. My friend dropped a cig and burned the passanger one. I'm pretty much pissed off as f#&( right now. Anyone knows where i can get the passanger seat/ or maybe even the cover??? thanks.

thanks for the advice. i'll call them up tomorrow.. or just go pay a visit to them.. 30 sec down the road from me.

I don't know if Mazda uses hog rings or the plastic clips for the seat covers but it shouldn't be more than 2-3hrs of work. If you do it your self remember that your buddy has to pay you back at 100 an hour + parts. Let us know if it is avalible and how much it costs when you find out. Any thing has to be better than a 1800 dollar seat replacement.

I don't know if Mazda uses hog rings or the plastic clips for the seat covers but it shouldn't be more than 2-3hrs of work. If you do it your self remember that your buddy has to pay you back at 100 an hour + parts. Let us know if it is avalible and how much it costs when you find out. Any thing has to be better than a 1800 dollar seat replacement.

just came back from the dealer. heres the news. each COVER for the front seats are $285/piece, actually i was expecting more. so for all of you out there that already have the seats screwed up its $285/each for the front ones. i think at most my friend will give me $100.. but most likely nothing. (pissed)
p.s. i'll do it myself ofcourse.. dealer labor prices are just outrageous...
$90/hour.

OK they also have some interior repair places too if your buddy is gunna screw you on the money. 285 is alot for just a seat cover but you willbe doing it right.

OK they also have some interior repair places too if your buddy is gunna screw you on the money. 285 is alot for just a seat cover but you willbe doing it right.

its the second time he did it in the past week. last time he threw it out and it went back flying on the back seat and burned it between the two folds.. cost me $120 to get it sawn in like 1 inch on both sides of the back seats. i think i'll go ahead and get the new seats.. i know i'm gonna have another jackass who will screw something up with my seats.

its the second time he did it in the past week. last time he threw it out and it went back flying on the back seat and burned it between the two folds.. cost me $120 to get it sawn in like 1 inch on both sides of the back seats. i think i'll go ahead and get the new seats.. i know i'm gonna have another jackass who will screw something up with my seats.

time to start notletting people smoke in your car... i wont let people do that for that reason, plus it stinks.

make your friend pay for it all, thats pretty bad that he runs around ruining your stuff

I dont smoke, which means nobody smokes in my car. But that sucks to hear man, cigarette burns suck.

I dont smoke, which means nobody smokes in my car. But that sucks to hear man, cigarette burns suck.

tell me about it. thats at least $400 out of my pocket just for the seats.

time to start notletting people smoke in your car... i wont let people do that for that reason, plus it stinks.

make your friend pay for it all, thats pretty bad that he runs around ruining your stuff

he wont pay the whole thing, i know it. i dont think he'll even pay for the half of it. we'll see tomorrow, i'll let you know whats the final verdict... but either way i'm pretty much just (pissed). Now i have to sell my HKS Super Drager (thats the only thing i've got valuable from parts) to pay for the new seat cover. (nervous)

id tell him to either pay for the s*** or never ride in it again, honestly thats a pretty serious deal if he does damage to your property and wont take responsibility for it.

he would definitely not ever smoke in my car again, u need some responsible friends that know what it is to appreciate someone elses car...im so careful with others cars with cigs...i know it SUCKS

ohhh.. he's not riding in my car again even if he pays for the whole thing or not. lesson learned.

I'd lose the friend unless he paid full for parts and labor, at the dealership, and he'd never smoke in my car again, not even around the exterior. Or I'd literally break his g/d hands and put the cig out on his cheek.

I have zero tolerance for smokers.

ohhh.. he's not riding in my car again even if he pays for the whole thing or not. lesson learned.

for real, man. i'm sure it's blindingly obvious hell how much you care for your car, and for him to burn your car TWICE is just NOT what a friend should be able to do. it's time to get this friend to set his priorities straight, because that's just bulls***...

UPDATE: 01.02.08
So i went back to the dealer today to buy the seat for $285 like he said before... well turns out that $285 is just for the BOTTOM portion of the seat.. the top cost $511.. so its $800 FOR 1 cover for 1 seat.. this is just something crazy. so if anyone is going aftermarket seats or just knows where i can get some used cheaper ones please lmk asap.
thanks.

I am a smoker and I don't get 20 feet within my ms3 when I am smoking, your friend should pay for it..

yep, talked to him earlier today and he's going to pay for it. i also found a shop near by that will restich the seat (along with the driver side to match) to hide the burned place/hole. i'll have pics up when its all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back