WTB: Midpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have one that needs to be repaired. It's a CorkSport. The resonator is cracked, and needs to be welded up.

im taking my perrin off..both brackets for the muffler broke so i ordered a smaller exhaust..midpipe is in good shape though..im located in de but im in pa frequently (sp?).

I put it on a few weeks ago, but the hangers broke off so new ones will need to be welded on. How do you feel about $150 + shipping? Considering I had to wait 6 months to finally get it... but now I want a catless one. I will take proper f/s pics if interested.

Mr.Ames said:
I put it on a few weeks ago, but the hangers broke off so new ones will need to be welded on. How do you feel about $150 + shipping? Considering I had to wait 6 months to finally get it... but now I want a catless one. I will take proper f/s pics if interested.
oh i guess i didnt see catted. yeah i wouldnt want one with a cat, sorry buddy. put it in the FS section, sure it'll sell for yah quick over there

I have a 2.5" catless downpipe from apexr1.its just sitting in my garage.pm me if your interested.

if you are talking about the pipe that has the 2 cats on it or the j-pipe i have both stock ones in good condition with only like 35k miles on them if your still interested.

not to sound like a newb.... but what's the difference between a J-pipe and a Mid-pipe? does one go to a specific vehicle or can the both fit a p5? with aftermarket header? Thanks

David

the j-pipe is after the s-pipe off turbo on the msp. the midpipe is after the j-pipe on the msp. i dont know check with some p5 guys to check and see if the mid-pipe will fit but i know for sure that the j-pipe will not fit.

so if i get an aftermarket header it would connect to a mid-pipe on the p5, then to the cat back? am i right? so the j-pipes are only for msp's?

what are everyone's thoughts about having one custom made. i have a guy who made my cat-back, and did an amazing job. all you really need is a high perfomance cat (if you want one), that flex pipe section, the flanges, and good welding skills. if i were to do this and would like it close to the specs of an aftermarket one, how big would i need it? 2 1/2, 3, etc??? any info on this would be much appreciated

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back