WTB Mesh Wheels for 02 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_1975

:
2002 Protege5, Black Mica...
Seeing what's out there on some mesh wheels similar to Racing Hart C2. I prefer an aluminum type finish rather than chrome. Also like less lip for illusion of larger diameter. Show me what you got. Need advice on install. What I would need to make look good? Got a stock Black Mica 02 P5. Don't want to sacrifice comfort. Just looking for that sport touring look. I'll post an example. What is best size for ride with no rub? What else do I need?

0207tur_04z+mazda_protege_5+right_front_view.jpg

Last edited:
click on "edit post" click the "insert image" link above the post content box, paste the link into the box

Damn, that's what I'm talking about. You selling? How do you get the image to show? What was the cost of that setup? Everyone else, please post cost or price if you can.

Maybe that's why it doesn't show. It's not a URL. Coming off my desktop. Are BBS still available? Do you have any side shots?

BBS still makes wheels, but the model RK is discontinued. Should run $100-$200 ea. used and $200-$300 ea. new. Not selling. Google shopping shows a few. check tirerack.com for other compatible wheels too.

Last edited:
I assume the Eibachs are the struts? Is this the stock stance or is there lowering going on. You might tell I don't know much about this. :)

I assume the Eibachs are the struts? Is this the stock stance or is there lowering going on. You might tell I don't know much about this. :)

"Eibachs" refers to the lowering springs, sorry I wasn't more clear, Eibach makes struts too. The car has Eibach Prokit lowering springs on Tokico HP struts- a popular combo that is a nice balance of ride quality, body control, and performance, without breaking the bank.

Is there generally a weight savings with BBS and / or gas and handling.
just a bit lighter than stock
no real fuel savings
If you used the same size and offset wheels as stock, handling is unchanged; HOWEVER, changing to larger, wider wheel with a lower profile, performance tire will make a HUGE difference in handling (but you'll get nearly all the handling improvement putting better tires on your stock wheels)
If you've never driven a car on premium summer performance tires, get some, it's a revelation. Biggest handling upgrade you can make- dwarfs the difference spring and struts make. I've got Kumho MXs, will probably get Hankook RS-2s of Dunlop Star Specs next.

I had C2's back in the day. They just don't make wheels like they used to. You might be able to find a set of Konig Imagine or MMR Design GT-1. There used to be tons of copies for that design, but they just aren't around anymore. Hope you find some, I'd love to see them on a P5.

Those are the right price. As long as they don't fold up like a tinfoil pipe! lol Now I'm thinking 16" because I just bought new tires and after looking through the wheel threads it doesn't bother me so long as I lower. Kind of worried about the PITA factor of dealing with rubbing. Right now I'm on stock rims with 205/45/16. I just bought some Sears front struts because the stocks were done. I am thinking about buying Megans and whatever the hell that strut is that is cheap I can't remember right now for the rear. STS or something? I wonder if the Sears strut will take the lower springs for a good while or if I should do all four. I changed them myself for the first time. Now I hear a knock on the front passenger side when going over big bumps. Anyone know what that is. Sound like heavy metal on heavy metal. Rock on! lol

how about these ?
I was going to get them in a gunmetal, but I bought a set from someone on here instead.
you cant really beat the price for a brand new set of rims with warranty.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I'll have to think about that in two years when these wear out - if the car doesn't wear out first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back