WTB- keyless entry fobs for 02 protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

aws140

:
79 RX, 97 Nissan pickup, 06 Kymco People
well, my little sister got a 02 protege ES yesterday for her first car. it didnt come with the key fobs so now i need some. i dont want to go through the dealer. they want about $150 for ONE installed. so, who has some spares?

here is her car next to my rx7.

DSC02711.jpg

My 2001 Mazda Protege MP3 keyless I haver sitting around in the apartment. I would assume they are compatible since both are of the protege model. Its just a simple 'lock', 'unlock', 'panic' keyless entry. But it does me no good since my mp3 was totaled. I can post some pic's tonight when I get home tonight and we can check to make sure they are compatible.

The programming I have heard is simple, but I think you need to have a remote keyless that is programmed to the car already. Otherwise you may have to find someone with the programming software besides the dealer.

I paid $100 just yesterday to have a key programmed for my 04 Mazda3 and $65 of it was the programming of the key.

Hope some of this helps.

I think it's compatible. But, not to detract from you, but, you can pick up one of these remotes on ebay for a little over $20 shipped. Programing is a breeze

Tylor

well, i had a lead on two for $30, but i havent heard from the seller in a bit. still hoping he comes through though.

Shipping prob wouldn't be much. I told my wife I'd prob say $10+ shipping would be decent or $15. Dealers are just ridiculous with their pricing.
Let me know if you still want pictures.

heres how to program a new keyfob. i took this screen shop from an 02 workshop manual i have in PDF format. let me know if you need anything else from the "security and locks" section.

Attachments

• keyfob programming.jpg
    keyfob programming.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 90
Keyless Remote

This remote is not brand new. It is from my 2001 Mazda MP3 that was counted a total loss last month and will need to be reprogrammed. The label on the back has worn off.
Here are some pictures:

If you are interested send me a PM and we can figure the rest out. Hope your sister enjoys her car!

Attachments

• 000_0012.JPG
    000_0012.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 000_0014.JPG
    000_0014.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 76
^^^^i sent payment for two already. if that falls through ill be hitting you up

any more layin around? i could use one

I pulled the 2003 MSP Key Fobs out of the drawer and here is the info.

I will sell 1 good condition Fob for $22.00US delivered (to lower 48). The second one (pictured) was purchased on here and I just shipped it.

The back info: Model 41706 P/N BL8D 67 5RY FCC ID: KPU41704 CANADA: 19881032065A

Attachments

• Mazda001.jpg
    Mazda001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back