WTB: Hypertech tuner for Mazadaspeed3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Hypertech only removes the limiter in 1st and 2nd gear and decreases the amount of power dropoff near 6k rpm... but doesn't give any gains over stock HP.

Unlike Cobb AP or Piasani tunes.

Watch this video for your enlightenment on "gains over stock" lol

it gives no peak gains, the power still drops after 6k - just not as sharply.

Reading comprehension is NOT that difficult.

Please go back and re-read my posts. sigh....

too easy.

You're right, thanks. I shoulda known by your posts that you weren't badmouthing ht, you were merely promoting cobb or piasani instead

None of this is helping josh get an HT.....Free bump!

And you're even more right....poor josh indeed. I'm done threadjacking now

You're right, thanks. I shoulda known by your posts that you weren't badmouthing ht, you were merely promoting cobb or piasani instead

And you're even more right....poor josh indeed. I'm done threadjacking now

I was doing neither. I was merely replying to the question of why HT sucked.

For the same amount of money, you can go with other ECU solutions that offer actual HP gains. Not just stock restriction removals.

But it seems to me the Hypertech tune is "idiot proof" and you won't blow up your engine so that appeals to me.

blowing up your engine has nothing to do with any tuning solution. is all you.

if you think you cant blow the engine with the HT, you are sadly mistaking. you can blow the motor on stock tune

Well, allow me to rephrase, from what I have heard about the Hypertech tune is you would be less likely to affect the longevity of your engine vs using the Cobb AP.

Because Hypertech only removes the limiter in 1st and 2nd gear and decreases the amount of power dropoff near 6k rpm... but doesn't give any gains over stock HP.

Unlike Cobb AP or Piasani tunes.
What in tarnation are you talking about. There is no power dropoff at 6K, this thing pulls up to redline. You don't know what you are talking about. You must be a paid spokesperson for the infamous Piasini tune!

What in tarnation are you talking about. There is no power dropoff at 6K, this thing pulls up to redline. You don't know what you are talking about. You must be a paid spokesperson for the infamous Piasini tune!

el oh el. go look at the link i posted in this same threat. its a commercial for Hypertech on HorsepowerTV where they dyno the MS3 before and after HT install. in the dyno charts you will CLEARLY see the dropoff in power. as stated NUMEROUS times in this thread, there IS a dropoff, not as dramatic, but it is still there.

quit making yourself look like an idiot. kthxbai

el oh el. go look at the link i posted in this same threat. its a commercial for Hypertech on HorsepowerTV where they dyno the MS3 before and after HT install. in the dyno charts you will CLEARLY see the dropoff in power. as stated NUMEROUS times in this thread, there IS a dropoff, not as dramatic, but it is still there.

quit making yourself look like an idiot. kthxbai
Who are you calling an idiot? No personal insults were made toward you. Grow up!

So you calling me a representative of something "ill-famed: known widely and usually unfavorably" is not an insult??? Please...

it is what it is .. a 50 state legal flash .. don't know why people have to need to go around bad mouthing products for no reason. If it didn't work thats a different story, it does what is advertised. Yes they clam gains .. but throughout the rpm which is true.

People with basic understanding of what HT does would say YOU are the ignorant one... but as long as your happy, then congratulations!

if you want to keep discussing this, please keep it to PMs.

Can we agree that the HT tune is better than stock? If yes (which it is) then that is the whole point of it. If you want more gains that the HT can provide, get something else. Its as easy as that!

I would say that anyone who drops in on a WTB thread just to say something like "Hypertech sucks" is a f#$ing a$$hole. Don't like the product? Skip the f@#king thread and move on. Duuhhhhhhh... Anyone reading this can clearly see that someone who does this has a clear motive in jacking the thread just to bad mouth a product. Not to help in any way, just to be a dick. Who does that?? You know who does? "that guy" does. In life, never be "that guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back