Status
Not open for further replies.
Order Subtotal: $348.99
Order Discount: - $25.00
free Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Insurance: $9.72
Grand Total: $333.71

did you guys go with ins or no?!

Because Hypertech only removes the limiter in 1st and 2nd gear and decreases the amount of power dropoff near 6k rpm... but doesn't give any gains over stock HP.

Unlike Cobb AP or Piasani tunes.

You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. The Hypertech tune does more then that. It also calibrates you air/fuel ratio and you also see an increase in boost pressure. So actually it does give gains over stock hp.

You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. The Hypertech tune does more then that. It also calibrates you air/fuel ratio and you also see an increase in boost pressure. So actually it does give gains over stock hp.

Watch this video for your enlightenment on "gains over stock" lol
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=2I70AP30

Edit: to restated what I said earlier, it gives no peak gains, the power still drops after 6k - just not as sharply.

Last edited:
The hypertech gives minimal peak gains but it definitely releases a lot of the restrictions that the stock ECU has. If you are just looking at numbers there isn't anything special, but from what i've heard its like night and day. Its basically like the stock stage 1 tune on the AP. The difference is that the AP hasn't even touched its potential with that map.

So if I (with my ht) were to race a stock speed with both of us in 4th at, say, 4000rpms to redline, we would both still be next to each other the whole time?

I'd say that the HT car will be in front. The HT peak gains aren't much higher over stock but the power doesn't taper off nearly as fast either. The HT gives you a much better power curve. You'd probably be side by side with a stock stage 1 AP tune though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back