wrx sti...trade worth it ?

yea, thats another thing i was thinking about,PRICE. But growing up, i have always loved the sti and the rx8. I would have gotten the rx-8, but considering rwd, my wife WILL crash it in the rain( she really can't drive).....anyways, for the sti, i've always dreamed of having it on a hatchback....(growing up i had 2 hatchbacks(honda);)....now i got my wish...........

anyways, summer time was great with the ms3....But when rain comes, it makes me hesitate to pass or step on it on highways since wheelspin an stuff.....now wintertime, it just snowed this passed 2 days, and heck i drove like a grandma !!! Scared of the damn road itself !!! Don't get me wrong, i can drive it in the snow ! (hence im not a b**** ! lol) but damn, my friends truck (which is awd) i love so much cuz we cruise on snow with confidence :)...

Just my thoughts :)

i hope you put winter tires on your ms3! they absolutly suck in the snow and ice. took the ms3 down the street and went to make a slight turn at 10 mph and the car went str8! becareful.

San Francisco International Auto Show In person it's badass!! Sorry i didnt get better pixs guys :-(
picsofus033-1.jpg

picsofus034.jpg

subbisport.jpg

subbisport2.jpg

subbisport3.jpg

Subaru has never been known for the looks. I don't know what everyone is whining about.

Last edited:
STi wont be 330hp more like 310...still this is something to consider. Its said to be better than the EVOs now in the handling department which is a big step for the subi, but car and driver didnt really care for it. I dunno its a very hard decision it WILL top out near 40 large thats nearly twice the sticker for the MS3...all in all if its affordable then dude STi all the way just think of that flat four growl that you'll get that noise alone sells me.

also all the pics ive seen of the STi has it with quad exhaust out the back very BMW M series like. Its gonna kill EVO X in a head to head i think, the X is slower than the previous EVOs and more expensive and heavier while the new STi is lighter and faster than the old ones But it does still use the same motor from the old ones just slight differences to gain the 10 or so extra horses, probably in valve timing since i know it wasnt bored or in boost management, maybe computer enhancements.

All in all if you can afford it im sure you wont be sad when its sitting in your driveway...oh an IMO it looks killer.

Last edited:
Hey man, if you can afford it, get it. I love my ms3, but if I could get my hands on one of those I'll do it.

More power and performance is a winner to me regardless of brand, unless it was a domestic( don't ask, is just me).

Subaru is Japanese, so there...

I'm with ya man on that note. As long as it is import, performance wins for me. Subaru makes great cars, you won't go wrong with one for sure.

thx for the feedback guys, I'm excited to check it out on the nearest subaru dealership next year...It's a big step, and it has to win my heart to really get this badboy.

I'll definetely post sum info when i test drive it next year.
i'm gonna test drive both the evo 10 and the sti...
If My wife agrees to let me keep my ms3...and also get the sti...
It will be heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the MS3 you see adults driving it as well. That doesn't happen with STI's, you gotta be into the boy racer thing all the way.

beh new sti is a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

ms3 + cash difference for the win! Put a few grand into performance mods for your ms3 and you will be beating stis all day. you dont wanna go fast in the snow anyways, it was mentioned before, both cars have the same breaking abilities, just get good tires and you will enjoy winter. there is a 110% improvement to be made with good SNOW tires, no all season bulls***.

i would have gotten the STi if I could have afforded it at the time. I still may move up to one at some point. The new Pontiac G8 is also looking pretty good.

With the MS3 you see adults driving it as well. That doesn't happen with STI's, you gotta be into the boy racer thing all the way.

I disagree here, I know plenty of adults with STI's. If anything I've seen more young people driving MS3's. Likely this is because of the price factor influencing accessibility.

beh new sti is a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

ms3 + cash difference for the win! Put a few grand into performance mods for your ms3 and you will be beating stis all day. you dont wanna go fast in the snow anyways, it was mentioned before, both cars have the same breaking abilities, just get good tires and you will enjoy winter. there is a 110% improvement to be made with good SNOW tires, no all season bulls***.

Agreed - with a few smart mods, you should be able to close the gap on an STI. However, that's not the whole story. The STI has a very fleshed out aftermarket. Tuning solutions abound, and just about every part you could want is on offer from multiple manufacturers. Only a TBE and reflash(st2) are required to get the STI to 350/392, or simply a reflash(st1) to hit 330/340. At this point the car still has plenty of potential just waiting for a larger turbo. It's a time tested a proven platform with a financial residual value to match.

Last edited:
I disagree here, I know plenty of adults with STI's. If anything I've seen more young people driving MS3's. Likely this is because of the price factor influencing accessibility.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, here STI's are kiddies only. Your opinion regarding the ages of MS3 owners doesn't hang either since polls in other forums have proven otherwise along with the dealerships around here saying that they sold most to adults. The kiddies can't figure out how to launch without 4 wheels.

I personally own a 04 STi and got rid of my 02 ES Protege. I highly recommend everyone jumping into a scoobie, or any AWD at that matter. There is just simply no comparison, mashing the gas in a 300hp RWD/FWD car vs a 300hp AWD. When you hit the gas.. YOU GO! there is no tire spin.

My question to you is have you ever driven a AWD car? I've had my eyes on the EVO X and new STi, i'm not two happy with the idea subaru went to a hatch, but its something we'll get us to(and we will). If you keep your eyes on the subi forums you'll see all kinds of cool pics of the new 08's. I personally like the interior. To bad the US didn't get push button start :( .

As for noise in the STi's, depending on the year, most are famous for having the "knock in the truck" from the rear struts knocking. They tend to go out about every 25k unless you get aftermarket.

Back