WRX 440CC Pros and Cons

got_psi

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
looking to do up the injectors next, any advice on what gains/benefits will come from installing injectors or is this just a waste of my time?

im pretty sure you'll need a good tune on a ssafc, haltech or some other piggy/standalone with fuel controller

already setup with ssafc v2. and as far as getting the injectors, does anyone know if the 440cc injectors out of a 2.0 DOCH turbo eclipse engine will fit??

more fuel will be cool if you push more air too. a/f ratio is important

You don't need bigger injectors unless you plan on running more boost/power than the stock injectors can handle. It is somewhere in the 230whp range. At least at 100% duty cycle. I believe there is always a little headroom, and I am sure someone has put down more than that with a piggyback or standalone running

If you are planning on running more than that, I doubt there is an FS left that will last very long on the original internals.

You at least need a piggyback and you can get some very good results, but when things start going wrong with it, you just have to pop the stock injectors back in to remove or bypass the piggyback.

I kind of put my limit at the injectors since I know I am just asking for headaches and large "investments" if I go past them.

Back