Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2014 Ford Fiesta has 197HP and 214 lb-ft torque!!!! From a 1.6L Turbo with 6 speed manual transmission.
~$18,000
~34mpg combined
0-60mph in 6.9 seconds.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/fiesta/2014/road-test.html

I didn't read the whole article, but their pricing is not accurate. Pricing has been released, and the ST starts @ $21,400, but realistically will be around $24,000+ with options nearly everyone would want.

I saw a pre-production version at the auto show. Looked really nice.

I would trade my speed6 for that. My first car was a festiva which is really a mazda 121 or kia pride. And it was turbo I miss it so much. I would much rather a mazdaspeed2 over a fiesta st fiesta and focus st are ugly

I have always told myself I would never buy a Ford. And I know the Ford Fiesta and Mazda 2 only share 2 parts. But after watching the youtube video Ford Fiesta ST driven by Chris Harris. I want it. I want it really bad. 214 ft-lb torque in a tiny car. 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds. It's pretty much MX-5/FR-S/BRZ performance in a more practical cheaper hatchback form.

I hope Mazda brings out a Mazdaspeed 2 to change my mind.

This discussion happened on a post Mazda put up on Facebook for their new Mazda 3 #Gamechanger campaign. Thought i was amusing. :)

Sensible Dude: A new speed please no more speed3's make a speed6 or speed2.

Hater: Who in the world would want a speed2? I agree on the speed6 though.

Sensible Dude: Who would want a fiat 500 Abarth? I miss when Mazda made the speed a car they only made for 2 years like the Protg, Miata and the 6. I just think its time for a new speed and why not a 2 everyone loves the fiat 500 Abarth why not some competition for it

I like the idea of a Mazdaspeed2, I would buy an other 2 for sure :)

I still think the Fiesta ST looks better than the Focus ST.

I actually test drove the Fiesta ST a month or so ago, and really liked the way it drove. But in 5-door form, I couldn't buy it. The B-pillar is simply too far forward, pushing the driver's left armrest uncomfortably far forward. I would have nowhere to put my left elbow. Such a simple thing, but it basically excludes the car for me.

Wouldn't be an issue if they brought over the 3-door.

The 2.5 liter Mazda 3 (2014) is just as fast as the Fiesta ST, gets better gas mileage, handles similarly, and is far more reliable. Its only downside is that it is more expensive. But dang, it is so much more car.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

The 2.5 liter Mazda 3 (2014) is just as fast as the Fiesta ST, gets better gas mileage, handles similarly, and is far more reliable. Its only downside is that it is more expensive. But dang, it is so much more car.
Is the manual 2.5 a late addition? I can't find it as an option on mazdausa.com

It pretty clearly says 2014 on his post ;)

I did a search and did find some allusions to a late availability of a 2.5 manual. I pretty much mentally excluded the '14 3 when I saw the 2.5 was shown as automatic-only on mazdausa.com.

Back