Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1. 4 cylinder turbo is potential and so is the MS2. At first I didn't think much of the Mazda 2 but Last time Antoine put up vids of the those modified M2s I saw nothing but potential.

Here is what im thinking..
-GT25
-10PSI
-Forged Crank
-Forged Rods
-Forged pistons
-.020 overbore
-2.5" exhaust
-a GOOD TUNE
-Ability to switch from HIGH HP to LOW HP for gas mileage ;)

Thats is just motor wise. :D

And just make the exterior look like this:
mazda2-gallery012_gallery_image_large.jpg

And I will get in line tomorrow.

me too!!! :D.. i think that Mazda should do a limited run of these for the whole world, like maybe 3000 or so cars made..

I would say 5000-10000, 3000 wool not be enough. More of them are made the cheaper it will be for me... Lol :D

thats what i'm talking about. green and grey = greatness.
that body kit makes it aggressive like all mazdaspeed cars should be.
higher rated tires for those turns would be dandy.
"10 psi" I like the way you think. ;)

there is one thing I don't like about the car though, that is the taillight. Make em a bit better and i would buy it.

i agree with outlaw, the more, the merrier, and the cheaper. lol

I sent my post to MazdaUSA on twitter... LOL! lets see how they respond :D

I think they should make an account on here and reply to people ;)

A MS2 would be nice, but with all the standard options you guys want this lil car to have and be priced under 20k is not going to happen. The MS3 is already priced under 25k to attract all the budget performance enthusiasts. You put a MS2 with a 2.0 turbo motor w/ forged internals and awd for under 20k? One Mazda would kill their MS3 sales since everyone would jump on a MS2 instead of buying a ms3, and it wouldn't be economical for them to release a car with all those standard options. Cheap and fast? Get a American muscle car. Heck you cant even get a Hyundai Genesis Coupe for under $20k which starts at $22k for a base 2.0T 6sp w/ NO OPTIONS that is RWD. Plus its a HYUNDAI... bleh. Anyhow we can keep hoping and praying. A MS2 that is fwd w/ maybe a n/a setup pushing close to 200hp is something more in the lines of doable. And trying to hope a ms3 will be the evo/sti killer, doubt it. Mazdaspeed6 already had a shot at that as well as VWs R32.

Last edited:
You put a MS2 with a 2.0 turbo motor w/ forged internals and awd for under 20k?

I think most are thinking of a smaller capacity engine 1.5 / 1.6 L turbo.

Most of the AWD comments seem to be directed at preferred changes for the MS3. There have been a few comments that an LSD-equipped FWD platform would be sufficient for the MS2.

Here is what im thinking..
-GT25
-10PSI
-Forged Crank
-Forged Rods
-Forged pistons
-.020 overbore
-2.5" exhaust
-a GOOD TUNE
-Ability to switch from HIGH HP to LOW HP for gas mileage ;)

Thats is just motor wise. :D

And just make the exterior look like this:
mazda2-gallery012_gallery_image_large.jpg

And I will get in line tomorrow.

hot.

You don't need boost to have a fun and fast car. Be actually better as a NA setup on such a small car. TQ steer wouldn't be an issue and all the maintenance be easier. Anyhow that gray Mazda2 is deff hot.

Honestly I feel like the Mazdaspeed 2 wasn't have much of a place in the Mazda lineup. The 2 is meant to be a cheap, reliable, and practical solution for the younger crowd that doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money. Add in a Mazdaspeed2 and it would be a smaller version of the Speed3, doesn't really make much sense. Why have two "Speed" hatchback models in your lineup?

4 words...Affordable, Light, Nimble & Quick...Just like the OG Miata but more practical & with more power...Would love some boost but at the desired price range ($16k ~ $18k), a 1.8L ~ 2.0L engine with 160hp ~ 180hp would do just fine OR if possible...Develop a supercharged 1.5L especially for the MS2..;)

We have to keep in mind Mazda's point of view as well...I heard they would need to sell at least 10K to 25k+ to make the MS2 a viable business proposition...So a forged motor & awd is simply not realistic if you think about it...Now for the MS3, bring it on but the MS2 has to provide the perfect balance of high performance & great affordability...:D

4 words...Affordable, Light, Nimble & Quick...Just like the OG Miata but more practical & with more power...Would love some boost but at the desired price range ($16k ~ $18k), a 1.8L ~ 2.0L engine with 160hp ~ 180hp would do just fine OR if possible...Develop a supercharged 1.5L especially for the MS2..;)

We have to keep in mind Mazda's point of view as well...I heard they would need to sell at least 10K to 25k+ to make the MS2 a viable business proposition...So a forged motor & awd is simply not realistic if you think about it...Now for the MS3, bring it on but the MS2 has to provide the perfect balance of high performance & great affordability...:D
(mswerd)

I did just buy a new hatch but a high performance version of a 5-door 2 would be highly appealing. As mentioned, lighter weight, even more nimble, purposeful. I agree that 160-180 hp would be ideal for this car and it shouldn't be a problem to get those numbers out of a 2.0 considering the MZR 2.0 in the current miata makes 167 hp (same hp but less tq compared to the 2.5 in the 3.)

Supercharging the 1.5L is a brilliant idea as well.

Mazda, 2 words: Do it!

I say yes to a MS2, although I couldn't even think of buying one (I'm a big boy). But I'd love to see Mazda build it for everyone that can have one.

I think this is a stupid question. OF COURSE WE WANT ONE!!! LOL

Viability shouldn't even be a question.... Focus RS? Fiesta? Anyone? Is this thing on?

Last edited:
FORDS SUCK!!! Unless they're built with Mazda parts.

So basicly you will never own a Mazda built after 91? (There is a lot of Ford parts is any Mazda since then)

Back on topic, for me it depends on the hp the car will have, anything over 178hp and the norwegian taxes will totally kill it (Over $1k (boom07)(gah)(cryhard) for every hp over 178 in first time registration tax makes me look elsewhere) From rumors on the internet it will have a 2.0 turbocharged engine putting out 230hp which means that I'm out. (Unless someone has a work visa / green card for me that is :D)

they should just toss the 2.5 and 6sp mtx in it. should be good for a low 14 high 13 sec run totally stock with that combo

So basicly you will never own a Mazda built after 91? (There is a lot of Ford parts is any Mazda since then)

actually goes back to the 80's. and there's more fords with mazda parts then vice versa. lol. think of how many fords were nothing more then reskinned mazdas through the 80's and 90's and even today. there are like 3-4 fords using the mazda6 chassis.

Last edited:
Back