Worthwhile upgrades with the stock H.U.

Hi, in your opinions, what will be worth while to do to the sound system while leaving the stock H.U. in place? My M3 5dr will have the 6-disc system with navigation. I also want to use Sirius, hoping the Clarion tuner can be purchased from some other than the dealer. I'll keep searching for the answer on that one. Basically I'm looking for recommendations for adding an amp, small sub, and maybe swapping out the speakers. If you think it's a waste of time please let me know.
Thanks for your comments.

Finalrinse said:
Hi, in your opinions, what will be worth while to do to the sound system while leaving the stock H.U. in place? My M3 5dr will have the 6-disc system with navigation. I also want to use Sirius, hoping the Clarion tuner can be purchased from some other than the dealer. I'll keep searching for the answer on that one. Basically I'm looking for recommendations for adding an amp, small sub, and maybe swapping out the speakers. If you think it's a waste of time please let me know.

I don't know how much better the Mazda3's sound system is than the Proteg5's system, but I replaced the front/rear speakers in my P5 and it made a very noticeable difference in the sound quality.

I don't think it will be a waste of time at all. The sound quality would be even better with an afermarket head unit, but I know how difficult that is with the Mazda3 and Mazda6.

I say, "Go for it!"

Finalrinse said:

PM me your email, there is an article written by David Navone you need to read on the subject.

The short version, is that its not only worth while, its a very good idea in many situations.

1sty said:
PM me your email, there is an article written by David Navone you need to read on the subject.

The short version, is that its not only worth while, its a very good idea in many situations.

Thanks! I sent you my email address.

1sty said:

Thank you very much! quite interesting.

Just PM me your email address and request the article in the PM.

Back