Worried

Artem

Hi, i live in Canada Toronto.
I have mazda protege 5 2003 Auto., preaty much standard packadge such as power windows power locks, CD, AC e.t.c oh and yea 69k km
and since my family grows bigger preaty soon i whant to get mini van.
and i am wondering what will be a better choice is to trade it in at dialer and get van at same dialer? or sell it on "privet" basis? and than buy van?
i am lil confused on what would be a better way for me.
i was looking to buy a mazda or honda 2003 van and as far as "Autotrader" goes Protege 5 could be sold for around 11k and van's i am looking for are preaty much same price.
what do you guys think? i am new to the country so i need some peace of advise:)

You will get more selling it yourself, but at the same time you have to go through the trouble of getting the sales package, listing it, making sure it has a safety and e-test, and transfering the plates and insurance over to your new van. You will probably get a couple of thousand more for it if you sell it yourself, but you have to weigh that against the possibilty of it taking a couple of weeks to sell and either having two vehicles (and paying for both) or ending up with no vehicle for a week if it sells right away and your new van isn't ready or something.

There are good and bad parts to both, it is a lot easier to just trade it in, but you get less money that way, and the opposite is true for selling it yourself.

Good luck on your sale and purchase, and congrats on your expanding family.

Back