World's first mazdaspeed5 (merged)

I am eagerly awaiting the outcome of this project. (wow)

I also hope that Mazda takes a look at this combo for production.(thought)

Anyone want to hook me up with the High Output 2.0L Diesel/6MT, a good shop and something to distract the wife?

Seriously though, I thing the M5s project is pretty sweet! Now if they only used a Sport as a donor and added the mud guards... That would be a real sleeper.

Read the article Yesterday!!!!!!!! Finally!! Can't wait to see and hear the numbers finished!

Does it say they are done? None of the sites (Car and Driver nor the Community College) has anything...

so OK, where the hell is it? (rant)

:D

PUBLISHED: August 14, 2008

Washtenaw Community College Automotive department has become the "go to" place when "Car and Driver" magazine wants something special.

Advertisement
Last month was no exception. Magazine representatives asked WCC students in the new Vehicle Performance class to take an ordinary Mazda 5 and replace all the "go-bits" (Car and Driver's term for all the parts that make it go fast), from the sporty Mazdaspeed 3 to create what the magazine calls a "Boss Wagon".

The students took the 263-horse power engine, suspension, brakes, and wheels out of the Mazdaspeed 3 and put them in the Mazda 5 wagon.

"It was a lot of fun for our students to work with Car and Driver magazine on this project," says Glenn Franco Automotive Services instructor. "They got a challenging assignment and learned a lot about how the different components can improve performance along the way."

Car and Driver magazine has a circulation of 1.3 million and has a readership of over 10 million. Read more about the Car and Driver Boss Wagon in the September issue of Car and Driver magazine on newsstands now.

To learn more about the WCC's Automotive Services department visit www.wccnet.edu

http://www.ypsilanticourier.com/stories/081408/loc_20080814007.shtml

badges add 10 hp

Maybe your weak badges. My forged unobtanium badges give me 20hp to the wheels. And don't even get me started on my stickers!!! I put BUS LENGTHS on a Carrera GT Today!

Pfff, Say what you want guys, but my MAZDASPEED shift knob and my Zoom-Zoom sticker (left rear window of course) adds 12hp according to the latest dyno read. And that, as we know in the racer world, is pri-ce-less for a grocery getter.

Mazdaspeed badges = infini power :D Only if the sounds goes with it lol.
Mazdaspeed5.jpg

Latest posts

Back