Work Emotion CR Sizing Help

vodapas77

:
Nada Mazda :( 2001 Chevy Silverado
I'm having a bad Google day, so I'm looking for a little help. Does anyone know what lug patterns and offsets are available on the 18X7.5 Work Emotion CR Kai? I've found listings for 5x114.3, but it always lists the 350Z/G35. So, I am assuming the backspacing would be off. In case you haven't guessed I am trying to find out if it would be possible to put a set on my MSP.

Ever since I saw one in person at Autobacs today I haven't been able to get them out of my mind. The guys there said that Work makes there wheels to order. But, I find it hard to believe they'll make any lug pattern and offset you request.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated so I can know one way or the other if I need to start saving my pennies. :D I would have called Rishie, but I'm sure he's off till Tuesday.

Thanks,

Lang

Those are great wheels. And very affordable for a Work Wheel. Unfortunately, for the 18x7.5, they only come in a +42, which will definitely cause tire rub. I'm actually considering these for my S2000.

Hmmm, +42? Yeah, that'd be cutting it close. But isn't that the same as the Volk LE37T (my second runner-up). So, it still might be do-able if I don't slam it.

I saw a pic of the the Emotions on an S2K while I was searching. They look awesome. Are you going to stagger them?

sweet man, i'm think of getting work emotions too. Why not get 17"? i think it would better for our cars.

supman said:
sweet man, i'm think of getting work emotions too. Why not get 17"? i think it would better for our cars.
Yeah, I had that exact thought myself. I think it's just the fact that I've gotten so used to running 18" that I worry if I go back to 17" I'll end up kicking myself in the long run. Probably stupid of me, but I just think 18" looks perfect on the Speed.

RODSCALIP5 said:
Yeah, I ran into that problem with the emotions, just shave your fenders or roll them back an dyou should be o.k.
You think I'll have to go that far Rod? It would definitely be the safest bet, but (at least at my current ride height) I don't really think it will be essential. I'm already running 18x7.5s @ +45 offset with no rubbing issues. I can't really think 3mm more will make much of a difference will it?

BTW, thanks for all of the feed back guys. So, anyone got any recomendations for places that offer good deals on Work Wheels? I'll probably end up going with Rishie, but it never hurts to shop around.

Thanks again,

Lang

h4tor1 said:
just wondering, how much is for the wheels? thanks
I'm finding a pretty wide price range. I've seen from a low of $900 for a set of 15-16" and up to as much as $1600+ for a set of 18" I'm thinking Rishie can beat that.

That's still beating the VolkLE37T's prices for what is IMO a better looking wheel.

vodapas77 said:
Hmmm, +42? Yeah, that'd be cutting it close. But isn't that the same as the Volk LE37T (my second runner-up). So, it still might be do-able if I don't slam it.

I saw a pic of the the Emotions on an S2K while I was searching. They look awesome. Are you going to stagger them?
Definitely going to stagger. 18x7.5 fronts and 18x8.5 rears.

EXA4DRIVER said:
Definitely going to stagger. 18x7.5 fronts and 18x8.5 rears.
Hell yeah, that's gonna look schweet! I wish I could stagger on the MSP. I always think the rear tires look too narrow when you look at the car from behind. I keep thinking about trying to run 225s in back. Hell with a +42 offset, I might just get away with it. lol.

vodapas77 said:
You think I'll have to go that far Rod? It would definitely be the safest bet, but (at least at my current ride height) I don't really think it will be essential. I'm already running 18x7.5s @ +45 offset with no rubbing issues. I can't really think 3mm more will make much of a difference will it?

BTW, thanks for all of the feed back guys. So, anyone got any recomendations for places that offer good deals on Work Wheels? I'll probably end up going with Rishie, but it never hurts to shop around.

Thanks again,

Lang

We can't help with the Emotion. That wheel is exclusive to toda, so we don't carry it. We are a distributor for all the other Work wheels though, and can still get you anything from Ray's, SSR, HRE hah, etc.

Sorry.

MP3skaterNC said:
We can't help with the Emotion. That wheel is exclusive to toda, so we don't carry it. We are a distributor for all the other Work wheels though, and can still get you anything from Ray's, SSR, HRE hah, etc.

Sorry.
For real? That's too bad. Well, if I end up deciding to go with the Volks instead I'll definitely give you a call.

vodapas77 said:

Thanks again,

Lang
I say go for it then :D. Those wheel look real good on our rides. I would have stayed with them but they didnt have Bronze in stock, so I ended up with the GL's. Oh and stay with 18's I think youll be alot happier :D, Here's a pic, not sure what size they are though:

Last edited:
Sweet,

Thanks for the links. Where are you at in Hawaii? Haven't seen you on here before.

vodapas77 said:
Sweet,

Thanks for the links. Where are you at in Hawaii? Haven't seen you on here before.
i've been on here for awhile just post up every now and then not really anything major. i used to work at speed gear motor full time before justin and wendy left.

Back