Wondering about suspension

FrankenMazda3

:
2010 Mazda Axela
I have been looking at upgrading the suspension in my car, would it be possible to upgrade the stock suspension to a 2009 MS3 suspension? would it fit without any issues and is it a sport suspension? I don't really know much about it and wondering if it would work. Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful/

Just get coils for your year car. Lowering springs will eventually mess up your stock struts and shocksm but since your car is fairly new you might be able to get away with it.

Um maybe but idk for sure, I will go check to see if I have a combo of shocks and springs or just springs.

I think it just springs, it's hard to tell without jacking it up and making sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can upgrade your suspension to speed3 components. I am getting ready to start my conversion Speed3 springs, and Speed3 front and rear sway bars. with stock 3 struts and shocks. I will have to fab-up bushings for the front and rear end links to fit the sway bars, but that is the least of my worries.

I am stuck with an awfulmatic. The wife can't drive stick yet, we will have to get a manual in our next car so she can learn.

I will try to do a write-up on the swap. It may go slow, first the rear sway bar, then front sway bar, followed by the springs. Finish with going in for an alignment. I also have an upgraded rear motor mount (good mod I have heared) to put in, also in the near future a Vibrant 4-2-1 header.

*Check-out the MS3 for sale thread. There is one that has stock swaybars $50.00.* Another has stock struts and springs $100.00 obo.*

Last edited:
Actually, if you want a drop the MS3 springs will not give much if any drop, not sure if you knew that. The sway bars are an upgrade for sure, and a cheap one at that.

How do you like your injen cai? Noticable gains? I have a AEM i put in recently and I honestly can see gains. But all my friends say it sounds super sick when I punch it ;)

I knew that I just want a better suspension than the stock set.

Good call. That is why I opted for the speed3 stuff. Better performance and I don't have to worry about rubbing or dragging.

I have noticed a little gain in mid and upper RPM range power. My mileage has gone up a little too. The sound kicks much ass though, kills the mileage so I try not to play too much. I now find myself passing more often on 2 lane roads. Haha!

Get PRO KIT(AKA MAZDASPEED SPRINGS) still keep the confor and lowers it about an inch.
Any lower you have to do shocks and camber adjustment link

Back