wiring questions....

MP3_boy

:
2001 mazda MP3
ok here is my system now..
4 g wire, to a 1 farat cap, to kenwood 1600watt amp. to
2 kenwood subs.

now i want to add a 4 -channel to this system.
i am running the excelon speakers all around

now i would like to addthe kenwood 4- channel amp to this,
i have some questions about wiring.

now i am going to take the power wire 4 g to a distubution box down to 2 8 g wires..
good?

should i run the RCA to the 4-channel, then to the mono block or should i run to seperate ones?

remote wire can i use the one from the mono block and just run another to the 4-channel?

where do/can i tap into the door speaker wires. at the deck? and do i run the all 4 speakers to the amp then back to the speakers or just from the amp to speakers...this is where i get confused..

final question, should i upgrade the speaker wire running to the speakers to handle the new power?

any comment and helpful information would be great i am installing this myself, so i would like to be as educated as possible before i attempt. web sites that explain are also useful

thanks in advance

(for any specs on the equipment i am using u can go to www.kenwoodusa.com my mono block is KAC-X810D and the 4-channel is KAC-8401)

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 136
MP3_boy said:
ok here is my system now..
4 g wire, to a 1 farat cap, to kenwood 1600watt amp. to
2 kenwood subs.

now i want to add a 4 -channel to this system.
i am running the excelon speakers all around

now i would like to addthe kenwood 4- channel amp to this,
i have some questions about wiring.

now i am going to take the power wire 4 g to a distubution box down to 2 8 g wires..
good?

should i run the RCA to the 4-channel, then to the mono block or should i run to seperate ones?

remote wire can i use the one from the mono block and just run another to the 4-channel?

where do/can i tap into the door speaker wires. at the deck? and do i run the all 4 speakers to the amp then back to the speakers or just from the amp to speakers...this is where i get confused..

final question, should i upgrade the speaker wire running to the speakers to handle the new power?

any comment and helpful information would be great i am installing this myself, so i would like to be as educated as possible before i attempt. web sites that explain are also useful

thanks in advance

(for any specs on the equipment i am using u can go to www.kenwoodusa.com my mono block is KAC-X810D and the 4-channel is KAC-8401)

Keep in mind RMS values not peak as Peak values aren't ery useful.
The Kenwood is a 800 watt rms amp at 2 ohms and should have a 4 gugae wire for power and ground, not 8 guage. The 4 channel can accept an 8 guage though. The cap can act as your distrobution block and you can keep your 4 guage going to it and just add an 8 guage for the other amp. Just ground the amps in the same spot and then there is no need to go back to the cap for ground.

Since you have the MP3's radio you also have 3 pre-outs and shoudl use them. If you want to save money on the RCAs then teh fader controls and seperate subwoofer level control will be compromsed or losed. I would find someplace else to saeve money and run more RCAs. Front-front, rear-rear, sub-sub.

The remote line can easily send a turn on signal to 2 amps, just run a wire from one amps turn on to the others and bring the turn on wire from the deck to the one of the amps, the for mentioned jumper will do the rest :D.

RCAs run to the amp then speaker wires from the amp and back tothe deck to connect to the factory wires. You can get away with that amp through factory speaker wires but I would run new one. Be aware that running new wires into the doors is not an easy task and can take longer then adding the pther amp. You may want a professional install shop to tackle this one especialy if you haven't done any audio install yourself.

Back