Wiper Stalk From '05 Escape?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
Will This model year wiper stalk be compatible to put into the P5 to give it the intermitent wiper settings. I believe it will work but just wanted to ask. Thanks

If it looks the same as the protege5's stock stalk except with the intermittent speed dial, it will work. I just put one in my car from a wrecked escape I found at a junkyard. I have no idea what year it was. Its also the same one in the mazda MPV and the tribute.

mine's from an 03 MPV but they work from other models, just not sure which ones. I'm sure they're probably listed in the how-to.

That's all good and great that you guys have ones that work from an MPV but will the one from and 05 escape work??? I've tried seaching but no luck. Thanks

pic of wiper switch I ordered

Sorry but the 05 will not work, unless you buy the entier combo switch.

See this link for the correct part #.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3616461&postcount=423

What do you mean Combo swith? Shouldn't it just be the switch on the right hand side of the steering colum for the wiper?
I've attached a pic of the wiper switch I got, will it work?
I got just the wiper switch not the linker switch, it looks like it should work.

Attachments

• wiper.jpg
    wiper.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
What do you mean Combo swith? Shouldn't it just be the switch on the right hand side of the steering colum for the wiper?
I got just the wiper switch not the linker switch, it looks like it should work.

Honestly I'm not sure. I was just re-iterating Jason from OMP. If you check the link I sent you, that is his comment in regards to the 05 and up stalks. Give him a call and see...it's toll free and he's always willing to offer good advice.

From the pics I found it looks that same but does anyone know for sure?

Looks & fit don't automatically = function. Depends on wiring/connections downstream.

From the pics I found it looks that same but does anyone know for sure?
If you installed that switch & it didn't work then you know for sure, right?

Looks & fit don't automatically = function. Depends on wiring/connections downstream.

If you installed that switch & it didn't work then you know for sure, right?

It is easy enough to do so give it a try. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you wasted 10 minutes swapping it in/out.

Back