Wiper Blades

I don’t believe anything has changed on windshield wipers for 2021 Mazda CX-5 from previous gen-2 MYs. If you’re talking about hard-to-find but excellent https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I suggested in post #38 above which currently is out of stock at Amazon, you should be fine getting it for your 2021 CX-5. There’s a review there by John C. who commented that the Bosch A398S is a “perfect fit on Mazda 2021 CX-5”.
That's what I thought but was confused by a customer service person from a parts website. Thank you very much for the reply!

I don’t believe anything has changed on windshield wipers for 2021 Mazda CX-5 from previous gen-2 MYs. If you’re talking about hard-to-find but excellent https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I suggested in post #38 above which currently is out of stock at Amazon, you should be fine getting it for your 2021 CX-5. There’s a review there by John C. who commented that the Bosch A398S is a “perfect fit on Mazda 2021 CX-5”.
One more question : I have been able to find the Aerotwin blades (3397014398) on a few different websites and they all claim to fit the 2nd gen CX5 but the length of the passenger side is listed as 16in and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 18in. Any idea if this is some sort of widespread incorrect product description or what? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks again for the help, the willingness of everyone to go out of their way to help others on this forum is refreshing and slightly restores my faith in humanity.

Here’s another proof that https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)from Europe does fit 2021 Mazda CX-5 based on O’Reilly website who carries Bosch “OE” Wiper Blades with the same Bosch part number.

9FBB9A9C-AA91-44C5-B76F-C2A22D5A6294.jpeg

One more question : I have been able to find the Aerotwin blades (3397014398) on a few different websites and they all claim to fit the 2nd gen CX5 but the length of the passenger side is listed as 16in and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 18in. Any idea if this is some sort of widespread incorrect product description or what? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks again for the help, the willingness of everyone to go out of their way to help others on this forum is refreshing and slightly restores my faith in humanity.
Actually the specs on Bosch AeroTwin A398S wiper blades (part no. 3397014398) have the wiper length of 600mm / 450mm (23.6” / 17.7”) as Bosch (and Mazda too) uses metric system. This could cause some confusion by some US sellers. As long as you get Bosch wipers with part no. 3397014398 even if the package doesn’t say “AeroTwin” like Bosch “OE” wipers sold by O’Reilly (apparently that’s the model name used worldwide except in the US), they should fit.

Since Amazon seller from UK for Bosch AeroTwin A398S wiper blades is out of stock, would you mind to tell us where did you find the source? And please post your experience after you have used them. Looks like the reviews on Amazon mostly are pretty good worldwide. And most bad reviews from Europe seem to be receiving damaged product not the fault of Bosch.

Actually the specs on Bosch AeroTwin A398S wiper blades (part no. 3397014398) have the wiper length of 600mm / 450mm (23.6” / 17.7”) as Bosch (and Mazda too) uses metric system. This could cause some confusion by some US sellers. As long as you get Bosch wipers with part no. 3397014398 even if the package doesn’t say “AeroTwin” like Bosch “OE” wipers sold by O’Reilly (apparently that’s the model name used worldwide except in the US), they should fit.

Since Amazon seller from UK for Bosch AeroTwin A398S wiper blades is out of stock, would you mind to tell us where did you find the source? And please post your experience after you have used them. Looks like the reviews on Amazon mostly are pretty good worldwide. And most bad reviews from Europe seem to be receiving damaged product not the fault of Bosch.
Thanks! I found them on carpartsdiscount.com for $28.65 + shipping. So far the company has been pretty responsive to my emails although they told me they wouldn't fit on a 2021 CX5 which I'm pretty sure you're right that they will. But the site seems legit at least. I'll update when I receive them. Thanks again!

Thanks! I found them on carpartsdiscount.com for $28.65 + shipping. So far the company has been pretty responsive to my emails although they told me they wouldn't fit on a 2021 CX5 which I'm pretty sure you're right that they will. But the site seems legit at least. I'll update when I receive them. Thanks again!
Some resellers are unsure what they got and err on the side of caution. They don't want you returning the product and they're out shipping, etc. if the product doesn't fit. They want you to keep the product.

One reseller kept telling me floor mats wouldn't fit and not to order them. I did the research and ordered the product which indeed fit. If they hadn't fit, I would have been out return shipping.

As long as you are sure, and have researched the manufacturers website to verify fitment, you should be ok.

Also if it was a scam or disreputable company they they wouldn't hesitate to sell you something.

OK, I am ready to plug these guys.
I am always on the lookout, always frustrated with wiper blades.
My latest attempt so far was a Kickstarter campaign for Kimblade.
Going on 4, almost 5 months and so far they have been absolutely perfect. Kickstarter is over but they are now on Indigogo:
No, not cheap, but I'm never happy with blades and was willing to risk it. Glad I did (so far).

Here's the former campaign on KS: KIMBLADE NANO: Wiper blade solution completed by Nanotech.

Supposedly support you newer CX5's too. I actually helped them with that because they had the 16's lumped in with the 17s.

So I just got the wipers I ordered from carpartsdiscount.com and they are in fact the right model (A 398 S). The product description listed them as 24in and 16in but in reality they are 24in and 18in which is the correct size for the 2021 CX5. Also pretty sure all 2nd generation CX5's use this same size but don't quote me on that. For some reason this blade set is labeled as having a 16in blade instead of an 18in blade on multiple websites including the official Bosch site but apparently they are mislabeled and do have an 18in blade (Bosch part 3397014398). I have not installed them yet but I'll update when I do - I'll absolutely let everyone know ASAP if they don't fit and I'll try to post with my thoughts even if they do although probably not as soon as if they don't. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20211220_151540.jpg
    20211220_151540.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 131
So I just got the wipers I ordered from carpartsdiscount.com and they are in fact the right model (A 398 S). The product description listed them as 24in and 16in but in reality they are 24in and 18in which is the correct size for the 2021 CX5. Also pretty sure all 2nd generation CX5's use this same size but don't quote me on that. For some reason this blade set is labeled as having a 16in blade instead of an 18in blade on multiple websites including the official Bosch site but apparently they are mislabeled and do have an 18in blade (Bosch part 3397014398). I have not installed them yet but I'll update when I do - I'll absolutely let everyone know ASAP if they don't fit and I'll try to post with my thoughts even if they do although probably not as soon as if they don't. Thanks for the help!
Yes, Bosch AeroTwin A398S 600mm / 450mm (24” / 18”) wiper blades with p/n 3397014398 will exactly fit gen-2 CX-5.

2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

904C0529-3BDB-4D06-A7C8-4AF92E83CDD3.jpeg

Today, 12/22/21, ordered on Amazon. This will be my second set of refills since new (August 2013). For me, they last forever and work perfectly fine in winter (and I'm in Minnesota)!

GS1D-67-333 - $9.99 (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $9.84 (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $10.29 (Rear)

For those of us that continue to buy refills, considering the longevity of them, I wonder how long the plastic blade 'body' will last before it breaks . Obviously depends on climate and whether car is garaged /shielded from weather.
Currently mine are the second set of OEM Denso blades ( which I have refilled once). After 2-1/2 to 3 years I replaced the originals with the Mazda 'Value Line' blades. It's what the dealer carried. The Denso's could be ordered at some outrageous price. What a mistake. For the benefit of those who aren't aware, those were total POS and didn't perform long and I almost had to destroy them (no loss) to remove them from the wiper arm. I've replaced a lot of wiper blades over the years, many of them J-Hook style, but those took the cake. Live and learn.

Usually just pick up Trico or Rainx at Walmart (for other vehicles) which usually work well. This year got a set from OMAC while ordering other car items, floor mats, etc.

While the floor mats are great value, am mixed on the wipers blades.

They come with like 15 different connectors and none seem to fit snug/ just right. The only connector which might work seems like it might not lock it in well enough.. plan to try them, and see how they work, while keeping originals in trunk, in case need to switch back.

OMAC does have the best/great value floor mats... Get floor and trunk for $125 ish.

My 2nd choice would have been the Canadian Mazda mats, if I was spending the $$.

Based on my floor mat research,
Low cost value= OMAC
high cost value mats = Canadian Mazda mats.

Last edited:
Today, 12/22/21, ordered on Amazon. This will be my second set of refills since new (August 2013). For me, they last forever and work perfectly fine in winter (and I'm in Minnesota)!

GS1D-67-333 - $9.99 (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $9.84 (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $10.29 (Rear)
Which brand?

Has anybody tried these $25, claim to fit 2nd gen, apologies if already addressed:
It should fit like the OEM windshield wipers for gen-2 CX-5. But my concern is the reviews mentioned only for Volvo’s, not for Mazda CX-5?

For the price, I’d get Bosch AeroTwin A398S 600mm / 450mm (24” / 18”) wiper blades with p/n 3397014398 mentioned by EssVee23 above. Not only they have good reviews in this forum and Amazon, but also it’s been verified the wipers will fit Mazda’s proprietary wiper hook without any adapters for gen-2 CX-5.

Looks like I've got Envision on the driver's side, and something else on the passenger side. I have a pair of used ones in my "car" box in the garage. Maybe those are the OEM in case I want to swap blades.

My Amazon history shows I've bought the Bosch Aerotwins, so I must not have been too enamored with them, perhaps in conjunction with the hydrophobic treatment on the windshield.

Anybody recognize these?:

Attachments

• 20211223_155031.jpg
    20211223_155031.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 109
It’s Mazda‘s proprietary wiper hook used on gen-2 CX-5.
Great, thank you. I know that's the Mazda shape, but wasn't sure if they were the OEM parts. Glad you could confirm. So I can get back to stock with some replacement rubber.

Great, thank you. I know that's the Mazda shape, but wasn't sure if they were the OEM parts. Glad you could confirm. So I can get back to stock with some replacement rubber.
The rubber inserts for your geh-2 CX-5 wipers are different from those part numbers listed previously for gen-1 CX-5. It seems most gen-2 CX-5 owners are disappointed with stock wiper’s performance, and haven’t seen any reports about getting the rubber inserts.

Back