Windshield Wiper Fluid

:
CX9 Sig CX5 Sig
What's a windshield wiper fluid that doesn't leave so much residue. I bought the rain-X fluid and it leaves this sticky residue all down the side of the windshield and sprayed across the top of the roof. The windshield is only clear where the wiper blades clean and everything around it has this foggy look to it. It's annoying as hell. My wife is pissed also because I had put some in her car as well (doh).

well try to clean your windows first to get all the crap that is already on there off then you will have way less of a chance of seeing all that dirt when you use them just and FYI my mech teacher tought me that years ago

I've had this happen even the day I wash my car. I'll hit a bug and try to clean it off with the wipers and the windshield wiper fluid and what I mentioned in my earlier post will happen. I'm just going to pump it out and try something else.

Yeah, I just bought the cheap winter fluid from Canadian Tire. I didn't get the detergent one, because I thought that might not get along well with wax (since you use dishsoap to remove wax when washing the car) I'm not sure if they use something more mild that won't mess with the finish, but the non-detergent stuff seems to work fine anyway.

I just looked at the bottles. They have de-icer in it but we live in south Texas now. Maybe that's not helping. (dunno)

no no no it wont help , de-ice is only needed where the weather gets cold its a chemical thing . Never use de-ice when the weather is over 40*

no no no it wont help , de-ice is only needed where the weather gets cold its a chemical thing . Never use de-ice when the weather is over 40*

Its kinda hard to follow that rule if in the morning its <32 degrees and you have a layer of frost/ice on the window and in the afternoon it warms up to above 50

Back