Windshield replaced under 1000km!

mrcanada1968

:
2010 Mazda5 GT
I received a nice xmas gift in the form of a stone chip while driving up HWY400 north of Toronto....the chip turned into a rather large crack overnight and I had to replace the windshield....I purchased the car on Dec.02 and this happened on Dec.23...AHHHHHH! I ended up paying $300 at Speedy Auto Glass...they covered about half my deductible.

stock mazda glass i really weak for some reason, my brothers protege had like 3-4 chips on it and they all made one huge crack, got a new windsheild and it hasnt cracked since, even when rocks and other crap hit it

my moms cx7 window just got a rock chip in it yesterday from what looked like a tiny rock

Cost?

I received a nice xmas gift in the form of a stone chip while driving up HWY400 north of Toronto....the chip turned into a rather large crack overnight and I had to replace the windshield....I purchased the car on Dec.02 and this happened on Dec.23...AHHHHHH! I ended up paying $300 at Speedy Auto Glass...they covered about half my deductible.
I'm not understanding the cost, is it $300 then you got $150 back from Insurance or is it $600 and you got $300 back from Insurance?
Also did the new glass come with that small dotted sunscreen behind mirror?
Thanks!

I'm not understanding the cost, is it $300 then you got $150 back from Insurance or is it $600 and you got $300 back from Insurance?
Also did the new glass come with that small dotted sunscreen behind mirror?
Thanks!

I paid $300 flat out of pocket....my deductible is $500....the total cost was something like $730....so I would have had to pay $500 and the insurance company would cover the balance, however Speedy Auto Glass covered $200 of my deductible when I mentioned that I received an offer of $250 flat (out of pocket) from a competitor.

Yes....the glass was OEM spec and had the same dotted design in behind the rearview mirror. Speedy will warranty the windshield against defects and workmanship (leaks etc.) for the lifetime of the vehicle during my ownership.

+1 Had mine replaced 4 times the last year.

(hahaspit)

You had your glass replaced 4 times in one year? Holy Sh*^ !

I'd install road warrior glass next time:

31lH0Si8P-L.jpg

(cabpatch)

Peace!(rei)

Back