Windows making strange noise

3XMAZDA

:
2002 PROTEGE 1.8L ES & 3/3/2004 3s 5DR. 2.3L/MT/LEATHER/SUNROOF
R/s Frt.window Popping Sound...???

I Recently Went On A Long Trip, It Was Kind Of Hot, When I Opened The Windows All Was Fine Then When I Went To Park, And Put All The Windows Up The Right Front Made This Loud Pop Sound
When It Started To Go Up, I Repeated The Up Down Process A Few
More Times To See What It Was Doing, And Found It Doesn't Make
Any Pop When Going Down, Only When Going Up. Has Anyone Else Had
This Noise/popping Sound, Coming From There Windows, And Have They Had It Looked At By The Dealer, And/or Was It Fixed, And If So What Did They Replace..???

None here

Nope. Not here and I put them up and down every day. Take it to the dealer and ask them to take a quick look-see. Sorry.

Yea i have had that sound also, when i stop the window from going all the way down,.,,umm

I don't have this problem on my 3, but I have a 6 that does it every time you roll up the front windows. It's very loud and annoying. I will be taking it into the dealer soon...keep you posted.

razorblade kiss said:
I don't understand how this stuff gets by the testing dept.

WHAT TESTING DEPT., DOES ONE REALLY EXIST...??? YEH! RIGHT, TESTING DEPT. THAT'S A GOOD ONE...!!!HA..!!HA...!!! WHAT EVER HAPPENED
TO WINTER TESTING IN CANADA AND SUMMER TESTING IN ARIZONA...???

I've had my Mazda3 for several months now and it's been mostly trouble free (compared to my Mazdaspeed Protege), but for over a month now, I've been hearing a strange noise coming from the windows. Whenever I roll them up, it sounds like a loud 'knock' or 'tap' on the glass. I took it in to the dealership but they claimed that this was normal for the Mazda3 (according to them, another Mazda3 on the lot had the same noise). Anybody else have this problem. I believe something in the wind-up mechanism is hitting the glass. If there are enough people with the same issue, maybe we can bombard MazdaUSA with complaints until they fix the damn thing. Oh yeah, the air conditioning sucks (my Mazdaspeed ran ice-cold air), and the dealership once again said it was working just fine.....

It's funny because my dad's driver's side window does that all of the time while the other windows are silent. I've never had that problem in mine. He's taking his in on Thursday hopefully to get this, and another problem, looked at...will keep everyone informed.

me too

My drivers side window make that noise (a slight rythmic click) as well

I just figured it was a little bit of extra grease on the gears making an extra "click" when they passed each other

the fun part is figuring out what, exactly, upsets the "auto-down" sometimes, if you hit a bump or are turning really hard, whatever sensor in the window stops the auto-down process.

I dropped my 3 hatch of at the dealer this morning for it's 5,000 mile service and 'cos the driver and passenger door had both been rattling about 70% of the time when driving. Not exactly related to whats going on with yours but I thought I'd mention it. They gave me a PT Cruiser to drive...
IT SUCKS! (argh)

Like skiprat, don't know if it's in the same ballpark, but I noticed my driver's side panel rattles some when the window is all the way up. Goes away when it's down - I'm guessing something is pretty close to the glass pane inside the panel somewhere?

PeteyBoy3K said:
My drivers side window make that noise (a slight rythmic click)

I noticed this on my car the other day... both front windows....

I wonder what it is.

Sethlan said:
I noticed this on my car the other day... both front windows....

I wonder what it is.

I had the same issue on both of my windows. I took the car in for the oil change and to have all my little nit pick things looked at. They got it fixed, said something about a known issue with one of the motor mount bolts needing to be retorqued. Ever since have not had the problem.

Also, got my ECU flashed, they replaced the rear brake pads, checked the auto down for the window, and fixed the alignment. Dont know if the ECU changed anything, the brakes still have the dust problem, although not as bad, windows dont make the noise anymore, and the auto switch still doesnt work when the car is very hot. I guess fixing most the problems is better than none.

yea, I got that

Yep,

Rear left door makes that pop/snap/crack noise just as soon as I start lowering it and as soon as it hits the top when I raise it. My "auto down" feature gets confused too and does not either work or only lowers it anywhere from half-way to 3/4ths of the way.

I noticed that if I lower the window the whole way by holding the switch down the entire time, it seems to reset the ''auto down'' and the next time I try it , it will work fine till the next time it gets confused.

Well, the service guy called me this evening, I'll try to explain what he said but I have no idea about what I'm talking about. He said that inside the door panel there is a large piece of plastic in a hole which isn't usually there in other cars, onto which they now bolt all the internal door mechanisms, specifically the window stuff. He went on to say that the bottom of this piece of plastic is not bolted on to anything and can move a little, hence the sometimes rattle I've been hearing. He made it sound like it was normal that it wasn't bolted on - but I think they did something to hold it ... down he was kind of rushing me off the phone but he said something along the lines of they bolted it down too. They did the same with the passenger door too. When I pick it up tomorrow morning I'll get him to explain to me again so I can tell you guys.

I told him when it would happen I'd press my arm into the door right where your elbow would hit it if you are sitting with your arm at your side ... just above the rear end of the panel with the window controls in that kind of trench in the door where the material is, and he said that was exactly where the plastic is. Hope this helps anyone with a similar complaint, at least they fixed it, took 'em two days to figure it out!

I wonder if it could be because the plastic and metal expand and contract in the extreme heat and occassional coolness we've been having recently in Austin...?

(scratch) (freak)

Back