Window Visors

ProtoType5

Contributor
:
2002 22A P5 and 2007 TR MS3
Looking for some pictures of the different brands of window visors out there..

Please post pictures and brand

Weathertech
Wade
Ventshade....

I'm leaning towards the Weathertech, cause they are the nicest, and seem to be the lowest profile...I really want ones that look like the JDM MS3 ones that are available...

Thanks

Here are a couple of shots of my ventshade visors. I like the weathertech as well but these were a gift...

Attachments

• P5 - DS Front Door Visor.jpg
    P5 - DS Front Door Visor.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 198
  • P5 - DS Rear Door Visor.jpg
    P5 - DS Rear Door Visor.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 183
  • P5 - DS Vent Visors.jpg
    P5 - DS Vent Visors.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 195
Thanks...Did a little searching and found both the JDM and Weathertech pictures....Two of the Weathertech on white and One of JDM on silver.

Did the Ventshades go on with tape, or go into the channel of the window???

Last edited:
Mine are double-sided tape on the outside of the door. I had a set of in-channel Ventshade visors on my Jetta and they also used double-sided tape. I do prefer that look, but again they were a gift.

What is the use of these? Is it primarily smokers that just need to crack the window a bit, yet still protect from rain, to tap ash and throw away there butts? (litterbugs!)

Or do a lot of folks just drive with their windows slightly cracked? Here in tx I keep 'em closed and use the AC....rarely have the windows down

--jason

What is the use of these? Is it primarily smokers that just need to crack the window a bit, yet still protect from rain, to tap ash and throw away there butts? (litterbugs!)

Or do a lot of folks just drive with their windows slightly cracked? Here in tx I keep 'em closed and use the AC....rarely have the windows down

--jason

Yah they are to keep the rain and snow out when you have your windows open while driving

Depends on the climate if you'd like these or not...Considering the weather there, these would also block a bit of the sun coming throught the windows, and let you crack the windows while parked without anyone seeing they are cracked...

Or according to the Weathertech website they will do the following..

WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors offer you fresh air enjoyment with an original equipment look. They are crafted in Germany from the finest 3mm lightly-tinted acrylic material available. Installation is quick and easy, with no exterior tape needed. WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors are precision-machined to perfectly fit your vehicle. These low profile window deflectors help to reduce wind noise and allow interior heat to escape. Also availabe in dark tint for most vehicles.

Maximize your fresh air enjoyment.
Optically transparent.
OEM quality.
Sleek aerodynamic styling.
Reduces wind noise.
Installs inside the window channel.
No unsightly exterior tape.
Minimizes interior heat when parked.
Helps keep side windows dry in the rain

off topic...Hey you should swing by and see the wife's car with the 205/55/16 studs. It looks like a monster truck now.

That's my problem...They are expensive and hard to find...Maybe Canada, or pm Ken at Protegegarage.com...He's got a JDM hookup..

The Weathertech seem to be the closest match to the JDM...

If you find them let everyone know..

off topic...Hey you should swing by and see the wife's car with the 205/55/16 studs. It looks like a monster truck now.

Haha..Funny how a couple milimeters makes such a big difference...I just put on 205/50/16 Proxes and they look way better than the 195's...I'll get in touch with ya, maybe sometime in this weekend or something...My boys B-day is Sunday, so that's be out...

**Back on Topic**

Wind Visors...anybody????

--jason
Here in TX you can crack them in the winter so it doesn't get so stuffy right? It may be raining (or snowing, lol, no way, wtf?) when that needs to occur, these'll help.

Thanks...I'd love to see the Weathertech ones....I'm only worried about the darkness of the tint on them...I've got 16% tint, and the weathertech only comes in "light" tint...I don't know what that'll end up looking like in the end...

Latest posts

Back