Window Tinting

Here is what I got for an estimate, seems pricey from what the rest of ya'll posted...

To tint the windows on your car, it will be $269.00. Plus 150 for the windsheild. This includes a lifetime warranty from the film manufacturer and our personal workmanship guarantee. We only use Llumar ATR film, which is the best in the industry, and we will come to your home or office to complete the work.

What do ya'll think about the price and the Llumar ATR is the best comment?

...you're going to tint the windshield? not the front right?

269 is fine. i got mine for 200. but an extra 150?! blech.

I got my Speed 3 sport in black tinted 2 days ago, 15% on the front and 5% on the rear, it looks awsome. All for 165$

Last edited:
utopia said:
...you're going to tint the windshield? not the front right?

269 is fine. i got mine for 200. but an extra 150?! blech.

i knew a guy that tinted his front windshield 20% on his focus. It looked cool at shows, but you def could not drive it at night...

According to the laws in NJ, I can't tint the front and front side windows :(

I don't want to have to tint the back side windows with no tint in the front side windows. No balance between the windows bleh

nah, I just asked for an estimate and he threw the windshield price in too. My friend had one that was tinted up front and she could hardly see out at night.

Im getting my black speed3 done Thur..Im getting the lifetime warranty grade.Im going with 28% on front 2 windows and hatch,15% on rear windows and a 8" sun shade at 8% tint.
I cant wait to see what it looks like because I debadged the car but left the front and rear Mazda emblems.I did paint the emblems black so I have a nice clean look in the back,I also removed the side molding.
I cant wait to see it.....

Shark

Oh..It costs 195.00 and should take less then 2Hrs to do it he said.This place does the best work around hands down..I hear nothing but good things.

Last edited:
Had my windows tinted last Thursday -- 28% all around except front 'shield. Mobile service in town (N Fla). $160 for 5 windows +tax. Luminar product. Sets off the True Red quite nice. Now for those black Ultraleggera's.

Yep...just got mine done today and it looks nice! I went with 20% all around so the cops wouldnt hassle me as much since PA is so strict. Ill post pics soon....

Funkycoldg said:
Yep...just got mine done today and it looks nice! I went with 20% all around so the cops wouldnt hassle me as much since PA is so strict. Ill post pics soon....

awesome man, I'm going to try and get mine done next week, same 20% all around. post pics so i can get a preview!

Yeah it is not as dark when you look at it from a certain angle in sunlight but like I said, I didnt want any problems with the five-O. They seem to be pretty tight around here...I maybe could have gone with the 15% and still been fine.

Quickly ran outside while at work and took 3 quick shots...Sorry for the dirty car as I didnt get to wash her this weekend. I was really really sick all weekend and did nothing... You get the idea.

tinted01.jpg

tinted02.jpg

tinted03.jpg

Well I just got mine done today and it looks great.I have no photos yet but will soon.They told me not to roll down the windows for 10 days..(boom06) He said that I have to bring it back in 10 days and they will roll down the windows for the first time or the warranty is no good.
Its a 3mm film if that matters.I kinda wish I had went with 15% all around instead of 28% on the 2 fronts and the hatch.

Shark

I got mine done yesterday and got some decent pics today. I went with 35% on the fronts, 20% on the rear. LOVE IT! Gives the car a whole new attitude. Submitted for your approval:

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

tint4.jpg

tint5.jpg

They told me a week since it is still kinda cold out. 3 days if it was summertime weather. I'm gonna stick to a week. Any tiny bubbles in any of yours? I have some tiny tiny ones and it kinda pisses me off and will see if they go away in a week or so. IF not the guy will hear about it. I paid a good amount for it.

Back