Window tint I got.

May I ask who told you this was a true 3M 'Carbon Fiber' tint film?

Because yes 3M does produce a tint film that is 'non-metallized' however that is called their FX Premium and does not come in nor mention a carbon fiber finish or detail.

I used to work at a tint shop that is why I'm curious to see if it's really a new carbon fiber finish and how they would achieve that. Even searching Google and the 3M company website I couldn't find any information on a tint film in carbon fiber, only the regular car wraps for interior and exterior parts (door handles, dash kits, pillars, etc).

May I ask who told you this was a true 3M 'Carbon Fiber' tint film?

Because yes 3M does produce a tint film that is 'non-metallized' however that is called their FX Premium and does not come in nor mention a carbon fiber finish or detail.

I used to work at a tint shop that is why I'm curious to see if it's really a new carbon fiber finish and how they would achieve that. Even searching Google and the 3M company website I couldn't find any information on a tint film in carbon fiber, only the regular car wraps for interior and exterior parts (door handles, dash kits, pillars, etc).

To answer you question it is FX Premium. The tint place had it labeled as CF idk why but I just looked at the receipt and it is FX premium. Due to the nature of the tint shop they do damn good work but most of them are idiots. I guess they saw non-metalized and automatically assumed it was carbon fiber. So that kinda makes it my mistake assuming they were correct.

Gotcha. I just wasn't sure if that stuff was actually out or not. Cause if it was I would have liked to see it first hand.
But I gotcha.

Really? A carbon fiber tint.
It almost seems impossible because carbon fiber isn't exactly transparent....even on the thinnest layer.

Well I think it looks good. I have had a bad experience with tint in the past and had to take it off and on top of me going to court. Yes I risked it again and tinted mine more then the legal limit, have not been pulled over yet "knock on wood" what makes me really mad is you see newer cars leave the lot with darker tint then mine why can factory get away with it but we can't. So that's what I'm gunn a say if I get pulled over I bought it from the dealer this way. :/

im not doing tint cuz i got pulled over alot with it on my old car... maybe it was the cannon i had on too lol

Doesnt matter how fast you drive or if your driving the speed limit they are so dang picky here they will be glad to pull you over in a heart beat! I was driving my ex husbands bagged trucked and those stick out and theres no speeding in those but anyways I was driving and he passed me going the opposite way and he did a u turn in the middle of the road just to pull me over for window tint... Then a week later we had a bad hail storm and got a crack on the passenger side I got pulled over for that too. I just have bad window luck lol

Back