window problems

I've noticed that when I roll down my driver and front passaenger windows, they make a thumping sound halfway down. Does anyones elses windows do this? or is it just mine?

Both front windows have an auto-down, and auto-up feature that depends on how the switch is activated. If you change pressure or release the switch while the window is in operation, it seems that the switch is trying to figure out if you want the windows all the way, or to stop there. Fiddle with it and learn the switch sensitivity, and it'll be alright.

G-Papi said:
Both front windows have an auto-down, and auto-up feature that depends on how the switch is activated. If you change pressure or release the switch while the window is in operation, it seems that the switch is trying to figure out if you want the windows all the way, or to stop there. Fiddle with it and learn the switch sensitivity, and it'll be alright.

It only happens when I use the auto-down switch.

I noticed that my window "thumps" when using auto-down on the driver's side only. The passenger side is quiet.

"calibration"...?

Mine does an initial "Thump" when you initiate auto-down, but no thump if you just incrementally step it down.

CX7_Scott said:
"calibration"...?

Mine does an initial "Thump" when you initiate auto-down, but no thump if you just incrementally step it down.

Yeah it's one of the things they are supposed to do pre-delivery supposedly. Read it somewhere on here.

I have the same "thumping" problem on my driver's window... it seems like it stutters a bit while it's about halfway through rolling down, but it's fine rollling back up. I've only seen it happen when using the auto-down. I'd say it happens about a quarter of the time. It one of the things I'm having the dealer look at this weekend.

my window doesn't even work! got my cx7 for 2 days... the master controls can't open and close the passenger side ones... grr... mad!!

While I had mine in for a CEL, the mechanic replaced the driver's door window motor. He also had to "program" the window for one touch up & down after the replacement was done. Seems to run smoothly now, like it should!

Picked up my 7 yesterday, I have the same problem.

BigFatHippo said:
my window doesn't even work! got my cx7 for 2 days... the master controls can't open and close the passenger side ones... grr... mad!!

BigFatHippo said:

There's a programming guide for the windows in the manual. I forget which page.

Back