Will these fit my car?

MrIon

:
2006 Mazda 3i
I've been searching and didn't really find a good answer. If someone can help me out that will be perfect.
I'm looking into these rims http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/NEW-FOR-2010/ILLUSION-BLUE

Their 17x7 with an offset of 40.
The guy from Discount Tire said that those won't fit as the offset needs to be at least 45.

Is that true? I understand that the wheels won't be flushed, but it doesn't really matter for me. As long as thers no rubbing I'm fine with that. Any experts out there or did anybody tried out this?
FYI. the tries will either be 205/50 or 215/50. Whatever works.

Last edited:
I am not an expert but I think they will work. Stock is 17x6.5 52 offset, you would gain a half inch in width and 7mm offset. If the half inch is a quarter inch to each side of the wheel I think it will work. A fender roll may be needed though.

Those will work fine with 205/50/17 tires at that offset. But you'd need to roll the rear fenders to go with wider tires at that offset. The +45 recommendation was probably assuming 225/45/17 tires, which is a common size people use with aftermarket wheels on this car.

I am running 17x7 +38 wheels with 215/45/17 tires on my 3. They would rub in the rear if I didn't have stiff coilovers but the fronts fit just fine. I am dropped pretty low too.

OK good, since I don't have any drops them it should be perfect.
The recommended size is 45mm but 40mm is only a difference of 5mm, that's why I found it odd you know.
I'm getting those bad boys tomorrow. Stand by for pics :)

Back