Will H&R Sport Springs (28875-1) fit my '16 CX-5 GT?

Springs and shocks are designed to absorb pavement bumps and dips while maintaining tire contact with the road and controlling body motion to prevent loss of traction. All I'm saying, is for the best grip over uneven surfaces the spring rates should be well matched to the damping rates. This is undeniably true.

Claiming you can make the car grip better over bumps and dips by increasing the spring rate but leaving the OEM dampers in place implies that Mazda equipped the CX-5 with too high of a damping rate. Very unlikely due to the amount of suspension tuning Mazda did with the CX-5 at their test tracks.
That's not necessarily true. Mazda is going to lean to comfort way before handling since the vast majority of buyers would appreciate that more.

Taller top heavy vehicles also benefit much more than the average car by dropping the center of gravity. After lowering a car like the CX-5 if basically feels like you put a much bigger sway bar on it without actually doing it.

The reality is that no one is pushing these cars to the limit and if you think you are you most likely don't really know the limit.

I have to believe H&R test the springs on cars using the stock shocks. How else could they do it? There are companies like Tein and Tokico that sell combo spring/shock packages but to be honest they don't sell as well as just springs. Like I said earlier, the vast majority of people just want to lower their cars and keep as close to stock feel as possible. And that's what companies like Eibach and H&R try to do. Some even offer two levels of lowering springs; street vs track. I'm sure they spend a pretty penny trying to figure out how to give the best ride/handling package while lowering the particular vehicle.
Yes, you can buy spring/shock packages too. I just did that a couple weeks ago with my '99 Miata- bought flying Miata stage 1 suspension; springs and adjustable Koni shocks. Talk about stiff;)

That's not necessarily true. Mazda is going to lean to comfort way before handling since the vast majority of buyers would appreciate that more.

If Mazda set the damping for comfort then it would be under-damped. Increasing the spring rate without replacing the OEM dampers is just going to make it even more under-damped.

The reality is that no one is pushing these cars to the limit and if you think you are you most likely don't really know the limit.

(rolleyes)

I'm sure they spend a pretty penny trying to figure out how to give the best ride/handling package while lowering the particular vehicle.

No. Testing every vehicle that a company offers springs for is very expensive. Testing them extensively is prohibitively expensive.

Most customers are just posers and will buy any spring that gets them the "look" they are after. There are no race teams that use a CX-5! But my point remains, if the spring rates and shock rates are mismatched, grip will not be optimum. And if you put higher rate springs on the OEM shocks you will be under-damped, especially the rebound damping. The only way around it is to replace the OEM shocks at the same time. Fully adjustable ones will have a higher chance of hitting the best match.

Back