Will a CX-7 Sirius tuner work for a CX-9?

Ljspeed

Ive compared the numbers and they are slightly off. I would say it should work but I wanted to see if anyone has actually installed a CX-7 Sirius tuner in their 9?

Here are the CX-7 tuner #'s: 0000 81 G01a and 0000 81 M01 (tuner and installation kit)

Lj

Well I guess I will find out in a few days. Hopefully I will receive it by Friday so I can tackle the install this weekend. I will keep everyone updated.

It Worked!!!

I received the unit today and did the install. Worked like a charm and i'm starting to wonder what other units will work as well. Well it saved me about a hundred or so from buying the new unit. I know its hard to even find a Sirius tuner model for the CX-9 used. Consider the CX-7 as an alternative. Well let me know if you guys have any questions.

So the CX-7 receiver will work with the CX-9? What about models for other Mazdas? I am guessing that the limitation may be the connection cable from the Sirius receiver to the HU? Does anyone know if that cable comes with the receiver or the install kit? I have seen Mazda3 receivers for $140 and the CX-9 receiver is still pushing over $250.... I really want to "activate" the Sirius, but I also don't want to spend more than I have to if the receivers are the same and I can purchase a separate connection cable (if it is even required!).

Thanks!

buster

Hey Nolig, sorry no pics. Totally my fault on not doing a writeup. I guess I was really anxious to see if it would work and totally forgot to take pics.

Buster you have a PM.

I have a 2009 CX-9

I was offered a Sirius 2009 Mazda 6 Z30/H26/H27 P/N: 0000-81-Z30 Dealer Kit

Do you think it will work?

Thanks

Back