Will 195/60/15 tires replace...

ufgators68

:
2003 Mazda Protege
the factory 195/55/15's without a problem?? I don't know too much about this car, more of a truck person. The guy at the tire shop couldn't make up his mind.

The car in question is a 2003 Mazda Protege LX. The tires are Cooper Lifeliner tires. This is the wife's car, she's not into any high performance stuff. We're just looking for something simple, that will last a while and not break the bank.

What I've heard is that it should be okay. I didn't want to chance it so I bought some 195/55 Yokohamas for the stock wheels to get through winter. The Yoko's were about $40 less per tire than the stock Potenzas. It's funny that I got my Nitto's for the same price, but I can only get high-performance tires through that connection.

Yep, they fit. Shouldn't be a problem. I have a set of winters in that size on 15" 929 wheels, and they fit perfectly, no issues at all.

Thanks for the help. Should do her vehicle fine for the little time left that we're hoping to have it. Going to a small SUV and don't want to spend a lot on it until then.

Back